Need Motherboard Layout for G43T-AM

HarryStottle

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
(just reposted in the Gigabyte forum instead of Abit)

I need to connect a motherboard to the front panel and cannot find any data on the layout.

Following on from the discussion on PSUs I've received the psu and decided that the combination of psu and GTX 480 are never going to fit in the micro case we had. Fortunately we had a bigger case we were about to scrap which already had a micro motherboard in it and I've transferred the components from one case to the other with no difficulty. Until, that is, I came to connect to the front panel.

The cables on the "new" case are labelled OK (HDD, LED, Power, Reset) but the Front Panel pins on the motherboard are not (there is just a label saying "F Panel" under the block of pins.)

I've been in touch with the manufacturers (Packard Bell) and that was a waste of time. They pointed me to the only documentation they provide which is basically a user manual with nothing resembling a motherboard layout.

Anyone know where to find the layout diagram for the G43T-AM motherboard?

zdbc13

Distinguished
Here's info on a similar model number motherboard, it may help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274372-30-pinout

Otherwise you can use trial and error. Start is easy, just short adjoining pins until it starts. Leave it on and try some other pins until you find Reset. You need a multi-meter to find the LED pins. Set the multi-meter to DC greater than 12v and test the remaining pins. Continuous on is the power led. Run a defrag program and find the pins that have intermittent power and those are the HDD led.

HarryStottle

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
many thanks to both. I actually found a solution to the pinout problem elsewhere but that trial and error guidance is going to be useful in other situations and I do still need the manual.

Got the sodding thing up and running but only by putting the old psu back in (which won't power the GTX 480) because, unbelievably, the new psu - which has more connectors than you can shake a stick at, including 3 pcie - doesn't have the 12 volt connector to the motherboard, so the manual is useful for confirming the voltage so we can create our own connector.