Your question

Would I notice the difference in speed?

Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
  • Corsair
Last response: in Memory
January 11, 2013 1:03:50 PM

Would I notice the difference in speed and ram worthyness if i put my old ram in with my new ram?

My new ram is corsair vegence (2x4gb) 8gb ram, 16000, but my old ram is OCZ (2x2gb) 4gb ram, which i think is 12800 speed, but the name is ocz3ob1600lv4gk in full, so i see 1600 in there.. but im guessing this is not the speed or whatever the numbers actually mean..

but yeah.. so if i put the old ram in, it knocks my pc up from 8gb to 12gb, so its quite a lot more ram, but with the differences in the speed? would it just still feel like 8gb?

hope this makes sense..

More about : notice difference speed

January 11, 2013 1:07:31 PM

With the old ram your total ram will slow down to the lowest speed of the two and would cause a slight (hardly noticable) slowdown of your system. However, if total ram is more important to you than speed it's worth it. What do you do with your PC? Also, ram is cheap these days so why not just get some more fast ram?
January 11, 2013 2:33:10 PM

zdbc13 said:
With the old ram your total ram will slow down to the lowest speed of the two and would cause a slight (hardly noticable) slowdown of your system. However, if total ram is more important to you than speed it's worth it. What do you do with your PC? Also, ram is cheap these days so why not just get some more fast ram?

Yeah true, I could just buy some of the same brand soon anyway. I use it a hell of a lot, so speed is probably more important than ram. I use it for digital design, affer effects (hence why i wanna make things quicker), gaming etc etc.. I guess I use the PC for everything. haha. Just having the new 8GB ram in, I can see a massive difference in speed compared to before, so I guess Im best to get some more new ram of the same brand so the speed is improved further, rather than just the ram speed?
January 11, 2013 3:23:48 PM

Good idea. Good luck.
!