Sign in with
Your question

ASRock Extreme4 New Build - Error 00

Last response: in Motherboards
January 11, 2013 1:33:41 PM

Hello,

I was building my new build (first time) and turning it on, I get no video signal as well as the 00 reading on the mobo.

I've checked the connections and everything looks fine. The one thing I'm unsure of is the 24 pin connector to the power supply - I pressed in the connection as firmly in as possible but there is still a 1-2 mm gap between the connector and the board. Is that how the connector is supposed to attach? The hooked latch on the connector won't reach over the hump on the mobo even after I've pressed it in.

Is that the problem or is Error 00 something else?

I have a Corsair CX600 btw.

Other specs:
-i5-3570k
-G.Skill Ripjaws X - 16 GB (2x8)
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 2:24:05 PM

I had a real hard time plugging in my 24 pin to that mobo. Check and make sure it is clicked down all the way.
m
l
January 11, 2013 2:41:30 PM

wanderer11 said:
I had a real hard time plugging in my 24 pin to that mobo. Check and make sure it is clicked down all the way.

I've pressed down on it to the point where I'm scared I might have bent the mobo and cause worse damage. For some reason, it just won't click.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 2:52:24 PM

I put my fingers underneath the board to support it and then pushed on the connector with my thumbs. It was really hard. If it hasn't clicked then it isn't pushed in all the way.
m
l
January 11, 2013 3:18:13 PM

wanderer11 said:
I put my fingers underneath the board to support it and then pushed on the connector with my thumbs. It was really hard. If it hasn't clicked then it isn't pushed in all the way.

Thanks wanderer11, I was able to push it in all the way.

But the problem is still the error 00 and no signal showing up (no BIOS, no nothing).

Is it possible that I might've pushed too hard before and bent the mobo? Or do you think it's another problem?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 3:30:55 PM

I doubt that. What does the manual say for error 00?
m
l
January 11, 2013 3:53:03 PM

wanderer11 said:
I doubt that. What does the manual say for error 00?

Error 00 = "not used"
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 3:55:47 PM

Well that's not very descriptive. Let's check over a few things. Did you plug in the 8 pin cpu connector? Cpu fan? Are you using the IGP? RAM fully seated? Correct standoff pattern used? HDD plugged in? Mouse/keyboard pluged in?
m
l
January 11, 2013 4:10:24 PM

wanderer11 said:
Well that's not very descriptive. Let's check over a few things. Did you plug in the 8 pin cpu connector? Cpu fan? Are you using the IGP? RAM fully seated? Correct standoff pattern used? HDD plugged in? Mouse/keyboard pluged in?

I had all of those plugged in (what's correct standoff pattern used?) and because it still gave the error, I wanted to eliminate variables/reduce it down to just the mobo and CPU.

So now, I have the barebones attached. I rechecked the CPU socket and I did notice a bent pin. It was touching another pin. I carefully tried bending it back to what it should be.

Thought that would do the trick but still yet again, 00 pops up.

Perhaps I have a faulty mobo?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 4:27:03 PM

The pin doesn't sound good. The standoffs are the brass things you put between the case and mobo. You did use them right? The extreme 4 uses a goofy pattern. I just helped someone else out with this, you need to have an hdd and input devices attached to boot. Hook everything up or it isn't going to work.
m
l
January 11, 2013 5:21:00 PM

wanderer11 said:
The pin doesn't sound good. The standoffs are the brass things you put between the case and mobo. You did use them right? The extreme 4 uses a goofy pattern. I just helped someone else out with this, you need to have an hdd and input devices attached to boot. Hook everything up or it isn't going to work.

Wait, so without an hdd and input it won't even show BIOS at all?

Oh my, I forgot the standoffs! I just checked my case parts (Corsair 400R) and I didn't use the copper stand offs.

I'll put those in.

I'll also reattach in the hdd. I don't have a USB keyboard (or any) at the moment but I'll run out to the store to get one after I put in the standoffs and attach the HDD to see if it still shows the 00 error.

Thanks for your help wanderer (I really hope you can further reply/stay with me as I get through this)
m
l
January 11, 2013 6:29:55 PM

The standoffs were pre-installed. They provided extra ones, so that isn't the problem.

I'm going to try to reinstall everything again. At this point, I have no idea what to do...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 8:38:17 PM

pre installed? uh oh. I bet you have too many standoffs and the mobo is shorting out. Take the mobo out and look at the holes that needs standoffs and make sure only those ones are there.
m
l
!