Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z68 VPRO/GEN3 Sata port issues

Last response: in Motherboards
January 11, 2013 1:54:04 PM

Hello there,
I have an asus p8z68vpro/gen3 mobo with a 500gb seagate HDD which has the OS installed in it and another 160gb HDD which has no OS installed and only work as a data drive.I have my 500gb HDD connected to the marvel port and the 160gb HDD to the 3gb/s port.Also have connected the DVD writer to the other 3Gb/s port.

Now I have been reading in a lot of forum that it doesn't make much of a difference if we connect the HDD to 3gb/s port even if the hdd is capable of 6gb/s transfer rate as hardly any HDD provides that kinda transfer rate.So I tried connecting my 500gb HDD from the marvel port to the normal 3gb/s port.But when I does it my HDD doesn't boot and sends me to the bios where it do shows connected to the Sata blue port.I did change the connection wire to a normal one thinking that it would bring about any change as my earlier connection wire used was a 6Gb/s one provided by the motherboard maker.Still it made no difference.

Also when I change my SATA config to AHCI from IDE,all that is connected to the 3gb/s port doesn't show up.

Any idea why is it happening?
Sorry if it is a noob question but has been pondering on this for last three days with no luck.

Thanks.
a c 100 Ĉ ASUS
a c 522 V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 3:38:24 PM

Double check the boot order in the BIOS, because you have two HDD, make sure the 500GB is the first boot HDD in the order.
m
l
January 12, 2013 1:31:41 PM

Did so.But still not working :( 
m
l
!