How to control fan speed...WITHOUT SpeedFan OR hardware controller!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs224

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Someone please help!

I just want to be able to increase the speed of my fans beyond their spec, and have complete manual control over their RPMs without a care about the temps. I have a liquid cooling setup and the fans on my radiator as they are right now simply aren't cutting it. I have them hooked up to the motherboard in hopes of finding something to just boost their speed via software, but SpeedFan is the only thing I could find and it simply sucks for that purpose.

Is there anything else out there?

Thanks.

Solution

You need to find out first if the fan you are not satisfied with is already spinning at 100% on 12V. If so, you can't make it go any faster because it will burn out. To manually control a powerful fan you will to...

FunSurfer

Distinguished

You need to find out first if the fan you are not satisfied with is already spinning at 100% on 12V. If so, you can't make it go any faster because it will burn out. To manually control a powerful fan you will to buy one, like 12cm DC12V / 6.8W and a 50ohm / 1A rheostat to use as manual speed regulator. Connect the fan to the PSU's 12V output and cut the red or black wire to half and connect the rheostat in series to the wire you cut. Drill a hole in the pc case to extract the knob of the rheostat out of the case and voila! you got a fully manually controlled tornado in your case!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.