gearboxjoe

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
I have just finished my new build (after a lot of struggle).
The board is MSI P67a-GD53 B3,
I'm in windows now, and I'm trying to download the bios update so I can install my ivy bridge processor, but I have a problem. It appears that I originally have no BIOS in the first place, so I am unable to upgrade.
I get the error message:
"NTDLR is missing - Press any key to restart"
I press a key and it goes into windows...
Did I miss something while building, is there any reason I don't have any BIOS?
Any solutions to this?

Cheers guys

NTDLR isn't a reference to the BIOS but rather the Windows bootloader. If you had no BIOS you'd have a dead PC. But that message is strange since Windows works. Ordinarily when you get that message Windows is corrupt and can't start.

gearboxjoe

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
I know guys but my motherboard has no "press f2 to access bios" etc etc. I had to use system restore which failed, then went through to cmd and ran the windows installation from there but I have no access to BIOS. When the MSI motherboard Military class blah blah thing appears, I have no option to enter BIOS. There must be something I am missing here. I have absolutely no experience with MSI boards and my windows is fresh install.

gearboxjoe

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Success! thank you. Now how to fix the NTDLR error? On windows 7 at the moment, need to upgrade this processor! Not happy with i3 2120