PC wont start up

crossfiresli160

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
:hello: So i dropped my PC and then looked inside and saw that my CPU cooler had broken off so i couldn't put it back so i grabbed and put the intel one,turned on my pc and all it does is turn on and shut off i cant find the problem,the only thing i tried is removing the ram and leaving 1
It only goes through the 1st CPU power phase

CPU:i5 2500k
GPU:XFX 5770
MOBO:MSI P67 GD-53 (B3)
RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws(2 x 2GB)DDR3 1333
HDD:SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
PSU:Corsair TX 750w
Case:CoolerMaster HAF 912
DVD:ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Cooler:CoolerMaster Hyper 101

a vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w781MR7zw6E
nothing shows up on the monitor

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
Do you have a system speaker plugged in?

Check you have the CPU fan plugged into the correct place
remove your graphics card and RAM, you should get post beeps (if u have a speaker)

Dissconnect your HDD & ROM as they are not needed to post.

crossfiresli160

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

i tested the psu with the paper clip trick and it worked but i put the system speaker no beeps but does the paper clip trick actually tell if the psu is still good i also removed everything leaving the cpu cooler no start :fou:

crossfiresli160

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
the motherboard light turns and stays on but i press the power and it turns on and off repeatedly after a while it stops but i also tried the psu on an old emachines it worked but then after a while it shut off by itself

The only thing the paperclip trick does is verifies that the PSU does in fact start. It cannot verify voltage or amp levels though.

RAM does not normally cause power on/power off, it will cause a no post. GPUs tend to also do a no post.

The last system I had at work doing this exact same thing turned out to be a bad motherboard.