AMD 1055T X6 vs the AMD 965 X4 for BF3

chazz111bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I bought an 1100t from a vendor and it arrived about an hour ago. I installed it and it's dead... it was their last one and yes the install went smoothly. Anyhow now it's down to these 2. D@mn it. I'm going to go bang my head against the wall now.

Hi :)

What makes you think the 1100t is dead.....its extremely RARE for a cpu to be DOA, and I buy hundreds of them...

Its much more likely to be something else...

All the best Brett :)

chazz111bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

It was seated correctly, thermal goo applied, the heatsink installed correctly, and the power cord was plugged in? I did it just like the 5+ before this. I was hoping perhaps there was a bios issue. I double checked everything.

Hi :)

Motherboard ???

All the best Brett :)

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
If its dead i agree with jaguar get the quad. The clocks are higher out the box and games dont make use of 6 cores anyway.

I also agree with Brett though its rare a CPU is dead from the box (unless you bought an OEM part from some cowboys that think protective packaging is a jiffy bag) you may want to make sure your Mobo is ok and that it supports that CPU etc.

chazz111bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
No need to be hot headed is there...
User error i say due to you thinking your cpu is dead.
You cant kill a cpu without doing it yourself, trust me.
As the others said, motherboard?
I'm getting over (I hope) minigitis, I'm an iraq war veteran(ARMY INF) with ptsd (temper issues), and trying to get this mess figured out. I apoligize. I get hot headed all too easily. Dont take it to heart please. Back on subject. I figured that my bios needs updating. I've gone through the paces via the asus site, and made 4 calls to their customer support to no adeu. Their update program is not compatible with win7 64bit. And their EZ flash bios wont run. I'm going to try and load an older version that's still newer than what I have. Maybe I have to do it in baby steps? Beyond that I'm at my wits end and shooting in the dark at this point.

chazz111bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Mate im an ex paratrooper for 7th parachute regt (british army).
Don't give me the right to devour someones opinion then spit it at them.
Thanks for the apology and i hope you will recover ;)
I took it as a derogatory assumption and got replied the way I felt. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest over who's gone through or seen what. what I do know is I have anger issues that weren't there before. I dont really feel like I reacted all that badly. Having the right to didnt come to mind unfortunately. I'd figure you for being a little more salty being an ex para. I met a few brit airforce fellows in Qatar. Great guys and fit to fight. On a side note dont get into a drinking contest with them. You will lose.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Drinking with the RAF? they couldn't handle shandy! :kaola:

Ex 2 Royal Welsh (Infantry)

Have you tried running the bios thingy in Windows in compatability mode? Just a guess i always use gigabyte so dont know the Asus thing

chazz111bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

Yes it's not compatible with win7 64bit. As far as the RAF goes. I was medivaced to qatar and during recovery I wasn't on my A game for drinking. I'll take a rematch sometime ;) Maybe show you diggers how it's done.

chazz111bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

Hi Imran_t
Here you go. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A79T_Deluxe/#CPUS It lists cpu compatibility and what bios upgrade is needed. FYI I sent it to my local pc shop a few minutes ago. 35.00 to try and get it fixed or it's free. You never know though your bag o' tricks may be better than theirs. BTW anyone have a pc I can borrow to play BF3 on tonight? :p It should be figured out whether it was just an issue of a bad cpu, corrupted bios, or user ignorance. I'm hoping it's ignorance. I'll be buying a newer board if things go badly. At least that wont be a huge pain.

chazz111bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
WOOOT! It was partly ignorance! Okay kids take notes. The techs used a separate hardrive with win xp installed to update the bios. The cpu as manyof you (Bret first) mentioned was more than likely good. And yes, YES it was. Again thanks to all that tried to help. The lesson learned is sometimes the cost of a pain in the ass isnt worth the extra money saved. Whether or not it's over your budget. Think of all the money you'll save by not having to go to counceling instead.

TRENDING THREADS