New Ram not working

conftw

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hey guys I just tried to install some new RAM I bought because I thought it would be compatible with my setup but every time I try to switch the PC on with the new RAM installed it powers up and the fans and cpu fan start spinning but then before it even gets to the BIOS screen (nothing happens on the screen) it just shuts itself down and restarts itself and the same thing happens where it spins the fans and then just shuts itself down again over and over again. I would like to know if you could help me, my specs are as follows. Motherboard: MSI Z77MA-G45, PSU: Corsair CX750W, CPU: Intel Core I5 3570k at stock speeds for now, GPU: HD 7850 and the RAM I am trying to install is komputerbay 2x8gb DDR3 PC3-12800 1600mhz non ecc 10-10-10-27 with low profile black heat spreaders. That's all I think I know about specs but if you can help me in any way that would be greatly appreciated.

conftw

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Thanks for the response and just a quick question. How do I disable XMP?

conftw

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Lol I kinda figured that out after I asked oh well I'll give it a go and see what happens wish me luck :D

conftw

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Still no luck I couldn't find a setting in the BIOS called XMP so I disabled a setting that was called something like "RAM boost" or something along those lines I also disabled Intel turbo boost and I set the timings that were 9 9 9 24 to 10 10 10 27 but there were a lot more timings that I did not know what to change to so I just left them on auto I also changed the voltage of the RAM to 1.5v but there was also another setting which was something a long the lines of base clock or something and there was three options one was auto the second one was something close to 200mhz and the other was close to 280mhz but I just left it as auto, I still don't have a clue why it isn't working it keeps shutting down as if there was loose RAM but I have double and triple checked to make sure the RAM is firmly in place with the clips firmly keeping the RAM down so it cannot be loose RAM I have tried the RAM in different slots and no configuration seems to work so if there is anymore help you can give please do cause I am totally clueless.

G

Bad stick maybe. try them on another pc.

Or dust on the slot, blow on them, or use an air compressor or a soft clean -preferably new- painting brush.

or the stick is not properly inserted which i doubt.