solinvictus01

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Hello,

I'm looking to get my computer cleaned and I've looked around for great PC cleaning tools. Most everyone suggest Compressed Air (Air Cans). I personally want to avoid using air cans. They're far too expensive in the long run.

Ideally, I would like to use a vacuum cleaner. A portable one as I found that regular vacuum cleaners can create static electricity, therefore, damaging your PC.

I was looking at the Dyson DC34. I know that's a bit expensive but I spent $2000 on my build so I don't want to go cheap on the cleaning aspect, which is extremely important for all serious PC people.

What else should I use? Should I go for something else. I only want to know of tips and tools to clean the inside of my PC. I know of tools and tips to clean the outside. Everyone should know that one.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

CryptorX

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hi there...

I normally use a vacuum cleaner but i never touch anything with it, not because i were aware of the static electricity you mentioned but because i just use a brush to raise all the just with one hand and with the other i hold the vacuum cleaner something like five inches away to get all the dust, to clean coolers i use a compressed air can, it is perfect to clean heat sinkers.

And if you want a tip, never clean the dust in your case after removing your cpu cooler or the dust will just get glued to the thermal paste on top of you processor, and don't do it also after removing your processor or some dust and other particles may land on your socket and avoid contact of some pins with the cpu or even damage some of the pins depending on whatever gets in your socket.

Also, after removing cards always inspect the slots before mounting them again and every time you decide to clean a card or memory pins use a rubber.

Wait for more replies...