Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone find a benchmark of an amd 965be with 5870's trifire?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 6, 2011 9:27:31 PM

I've already got two 5870's and I've found a third one but I'm not sure if my 965be is going to handle trifire very well? Can anyone fond benchmarks to support this?
October 7, 2011 2:18:58 AM

No its an am3 asus crosshair formula V or IV which asus said that they would apply an update that would allow me to run bulldozer. Not sure how I feel about that considering AMD said it will not be backwards compatible. I think I should definetely upgrade my CPU and board was just wondering because I don't have enough $ to do everything at once. Thank you for the reply.
m
l
October 7, 2011 12:52:41 PM

Thank you all for replies. Hope bulldozer is good because sandy bridge seems like a dead end upgrade and I'm sure sandy bridge e will be way to expensive.
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2011 12:58:28 PM

sandy bridge isnt a dead end upgrade at all, the P67/Z68 gen3 mobos will support PCI 3.0 and ivy bridge CPUs!
m
l
October 7, 2011 2:47:35 PM

Oh. That I did not know. I'm very noobish so sorry for that. I think I might go sandy bridge then. The 2600k seems like a very good CPU. Plus if it really supports ivy bridge then that will be a huge plus. I will wait for bulldozer official benchmarks before I jump the gun but my Intel e-6850 was a far better experience than my phenom has been. Not that I don't like it but it definitely did not wow me. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I hate thinking it hurts : (
m
l
October 7, 2011 3:02:38 PM

Is there any gaming benefit for the 2600k over the 2500k?
m
l
October 7, 2011 4:23:30 PM

Thank you. I just found an i5 2500k on new egg with an asus board that has the nf200 chip for 449. I have always liked my asus boards, and am yet to have an issue with one. I will buy in about two weeks thank you for the help. This sight is great, free tech support with out having to sort through the idiots at best buy that don't know what they are talking about.
m
l
October 7, 2011 6:20:51 PM

Yeah the deal is 449 for that board and an i5 2500k. Is that a good board?
m
l
October 7, 2011 7:04:16 PM

I will definetely want to have the ivy bridge path if at all possible. I'm also hoping that bulldozer is backwards compatible as that would save me even more money. I'm trying to be cheap. Of course I only have a 20inch monitor 1080p so I'm only running into a few games I can't crank up. None the less battlefield 3 does not play well on my set up other than on low settings.
m
l
October 8, 2011 2:25:28 PM

Ok. I saw this board from asrock, and this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... but this one is 20 bucks cheaper and looks like it has dual 3.0 pci express slots but no nf200 chip? The board you picked is the one I like but it seems to only have one 3.0pci express lane. I could be wrong please help. I will go with the board you choose if I am wrong. Sorry I'm noobish on the next gen stuff but I hate buying a board that limits my upgrade path with new tech right around the corner. I was really hoping for bulldozer to roll out but I'm so sick of waiting. I like competition but this time around AMD's delays might have put the nail in the coffin for me.
m
l
October 8, 2011 2:51:06 PM

Reaver192 said:
Ok. I saw this board from asrock, and this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... but this one is 20 bucks cheaper and looks like it has dual 3.0 pci express slots but no nf200 chip? The board you picked is the one I like but it seems to only have one 3.0pci express lane. I could be wrong please help. I will go with the board you choose if I am wrong. Sorry I'm noobish on the next gen stuff but I hate buying a board that limits my upgrade path with new tech right around the corner. I was really hoping for bulldozer to roll out but I'm so sick of waiting. I like competition but this time around AMD's delays might have put the nail in the coffin for me.

for tri fire the board i linked is better, the board you linked only does x8 x8 x4 in tri fire mode vs the x16 x8 x8 on the extreme7 i linked.
m
l
October 8, 2011 3:56:51 PM

What about the gen 3 pci express slots? Because after I spend the dough I might just what on the trifire and get a next gen card?
m
l
October 18, 2011 12:32:52 AM

Best answer selected by Reaver192.
m
l
!