Asus motherboard and amd cpu compatability

mpere

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Hello,
I recently purchased a sabertooth 990fx r2.o md and a amd fx8350. I know I have to update the bios for to support the cpu. However, I have problems trying to use the flashback button on the mb. My present bios version is 0803. I downloaded the the version 1101 to a fat32 formatted flash drive, renamed to ST990R20.CAP. I then plug the flash drive to the MB, press the flashback button for 3 seconds got a blinking light for about 5 seconds and it turn steady. I on for an half hour, and then turn on my system and I can't boot into windows and uefi indicates that bios version did not change. Can someone tell what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Solution
I also have Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 mb and Amd Fx-8350 Cpu, the cpu should work without bios update at least mine did. Anyway, Try to update the bios with Asus Ez Flash 2.

Heres how you use it:

1. Insert the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS file to the usb port. (Doesnt matter which one)

2. Enter the Advanced Mode of the BIOS setup program. Go to the Tool menu to select ASUS EZ Flash Utility and press <Enter> to enable it.

3. Press <Tab> to switch to the Drive field.

4. Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS, and then press <Enter>.

5. Press <Tab> to switch to the Folder Info field.

6. Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the BIOS file, and then press <Enter> to...

Infantile

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I also have Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 mb and Amd Fx-8350 Cpu, the cpu should work without bios update at least mine did. Anyway, Try to update the bios with Asus Ez Flash 2.

Heres how you use it:

1. Insert the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS file to the usb port. (Doesnt matter which one)

2. Enter the Advanced Mode of the BIOS setup program. Go to the Tool menu to select ASUS EZ Flash Utility and press <Enter> to enable it.

3. Press <Tab> to switch to the Drive field.

4. Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS, and then press <Enter>.

5. Press <Tab> to switch to the Folder Info field.

6. Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the BIOS file, and then press <Enter> to perform the BIOS update process. Reboot the system when the update process is done.

Hope this helps! :)

Solution