gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Hi posting again after a week b4 i posted saying my ram died i thought it did but i think its my cpu?

Specs : I7 920
Asus P6T Delxue v2
6 Ram Cosair XMS
560 ti
700W OCZ PSU

See the problem at first was my PC couldnt on got problems on and off freezes brought to check turn out to be bad PSU and dying GTX 260 during Nov 2011
RMA both PSU and 260 bought brand new 560 ti
worked fined for 3 weeks problem again.... computer freezes hangs, finally turned it on CPUZ,BIOS,OS reads only 4gb ram dual channel then again another 1 more week 2gb single channel go brought back to check again RMA motherboard, loan a P6T SE also another thing i get the same problem as my P6T Delxue V2 when i was using this board after uses for 4 weeks fine it started to have same problem dual channel then single channel ....it cant be so concidental that 2 mobos died?

so been busy no have chance get help for transport in convinent for me bcos i got health problems and cannot carry the PC finally get respond got back my motherboard like only 2 weeks ago brought it back plucked everything worked then read only 2GB in CPUZ and BIOS updated BIOS still same problem tested it with mettest intel diagnostics etc all good results...Brought it back to service centre tested my RAM CPU AND MOBO(P6T Delxue V2) worked fine triple channel all 6 GB ram they told me could be VGA or PSU but i dobut so...brought back plucked back everything worked fine with 6 gb ram 2 days later same problem freezes again etc problem reseated everything again still same tested 1 ram by 1 ram stick found out or so i thought 2 ram sticks died i posted here saying i need new ram but as i got replies here i tested my ram again off and on repeatily and tested and finally got it booted with 6 GB ram read fine in BIOS and CPUZ and task manager was so happy thought was end of my problems used for another 3 days fine today morning turn on booted fine till windows and then check my cpuz and task manager because i am now very paranoid after getting problems after problems checked all running fine freezes after 2 mins...when i on youtube now cannot boot at all re-tested everything tested PSU with paperclip all fine also cannot even boot now tested barebone boot up got sound beeps that there are no ram and b4 that tested mobo fine with no cpu i mean the beeps and stuffs with cpu and mobo psu i get beeps indicatating no ram place the ram 1 by 1 tested no beep when booted now doesnt beep even with 1 ram stick or 3 doesnt matter anymore so i bascially RMA/changed every part of my PC accpet ram and cpu but i highly think is the RAM so its my CPU dead??

Also i noticed a lot ppl will jump to conclusion that is motherboard usually its the case but the thing is this....i Just RMA motherboard 2 weeks ago its new motherboard also i get same freeze problems with a loan motherboard b4 and it still happening after i RMA my motherboard means the system is tested on 3 new Motherboards so dont go jumping. If U think its harddrives no i hear hardrives moving and i have 4 of them i tested with 1 by 1 etc or none at all still wont boot so thats the least i wont suspect also tested with 2 old harddrives i have so 6 in total dont work so dont bother... PSU could be the case but my previous PSU worked well for over 18 months with same build i have now 260gtx not 560gtx though and now i just RMA my PSU like 3 months ago LOL!!?..

And i Tried pluggining back my old 260 gtx that i RMA since Nov just like my PSU and not use my 560 ti also dont work so not VGA too...this is why i think its the CPU but problem is i cannot get another CPU 1366 set as its out of the market aready now and no longer in warrenty so i am not sure what to do???

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Any chance you could have a heating problem? Are you OCing?
If so, try running it without OC.

A friend had similar problems, after going through 3 mobos found out it was his LIAN LI box that was shorting. I guess there's a first for everything!

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
the thing is i RMAed PSU motherboard VGA accpet cpu and ram considering ram hardly dies so easily my friend also told me could be cpu problem to detect ram so i tested ram like i said and re-on off repeating and finally got it worked again 6 ram detected triple channel on OS BIOS CPUZ only today i on my CPUZ reads tripel channel 6 gb then it freezes and now i cant on anymore with ram it gives no beep no signal without ram it gives back singal though that there is no ram its really a dilemma for me now because most likely its not the ram since it worked after replacing it but most of time ppl say its motherboard but like i said i brought back to check b4 the motherboard worked fine triple channel and like i said it was fine when i turned on this morining only after like 2 mins or something it froze i just RMA PSU like since Nov 2011 so u say my PSU died agian after 3 months or my motherboard died again after i just RMA like 2 weeks ago? so it died in 2 weeks again? i dunno confused.

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

No i dont OC at all and no not heat problems but now i cant boot at all and cpu has no heat anymore coming out even i turn it on for a while

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

i live in SG and yes i use surge suppressor and i switch off my PC completely including taking out the plug everytime i turn off.

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

"all re-tested everything tested PSU with paperclip all fine also cannot even boot now tested barebone boot up got sound beeps....."
did that aready lol.... thats why i am in a dilemma bcos i tested everything all give back posititve results and NOTE:

PSU just RMA 3 moths ago Motherboard just RMA 2 weeks ago also note: i loaned another motherboard before i got back my RMA board also give similar problems freezes suddenly reads only 4 gb dual channel 2gb single channel but when i brought back to the service center they say their loan board and my new RMA board is fine when they tested it.

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Have you tried upgrading your BIOS or resetting CMOS?
Asus says i7 920 is supported since 1st and 2nd versions, but its worth a try.
Another suggestion is to disconnect everything, just leave the CPU, RAM, GPU and one disk and see how it goes.

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

asking this means u never read my post, well i know its long so u might not have read it but quote"

got back my motherboard like only 2 weeks ago brought it back plucked everything worked then read only 2GB in CPUZ and BIOS updated BIOS still same problem tested it with mettest intel diagnostics etc all good results...Brought it back to service centre tested my RAM CPU AND MOBO(P6T Delxue V2) worked fine triple channel all 6 GB ram they told me could be VGA or PSU but i dobut so..

2 days later same problem freezes again etc problem reseated everything again still same tested 1 ram by 1 ram stick found out or so i thought 2 ram sticks died i posted here saying i need new ram but as i got replies here i tested my ram again off and on repeatily and tested and finally got it booted with 6 GB ram read fine in BIOS and CPUZ and task manager was so happy thought was end of my problems used for another 3 days fine today morning turn on booted fine till windows and then check my cpuz and task manager because i am now very paranoid after getting problems after problems checked all running fine freezes after 2 mins..."

reseasted everything.
updated BIOS
replucked everything
re- tested ram

cannot be turned on at all at this point.

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

by error codes i think u mean the beep sounds? i hope so if u meant any error codes like bsod or errors nope cant even on and nope never get any of those.

if u meant beep sounds i tested all it its like what my manual saids its fine and without ram i do get 1 long beep 2 short beeps which is correct and after placing ram i get no beeps at all when startup but all else works.

Yeah that's what i meant beep codes.
Don't know what else to recommend you try.
Seems like you've done everything possible.

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

yea the problem is theres no problem which is even harder to find the true problem haha..
and since all my parts are RMA before meaning pretty much new i totally have no clue i called back the service center they said theres no way tell the problem they say i could bring it back and it might mircalely just work again and then bring back and might not work again sometimes due to the cpu problem of unwanting to start up bcos of its new feature in 1366 socket the cpu reading the ram and triple channel issues so... i am pretty lost at this point

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I just tested my ram like re-seating it in 1 by 1 now it wont boot or beep at all but does have 1 long beep and 2 short beeps with no ram at all i read in other websites as well as other threads similar to mine finding out that as long i get a beep with cpu psu and mobo means these 3 works fine and also works same with VGA and without only no beep after placing ram if i am that unlucky i would also suggest that i noticed that no errors such as BSOD or any crash reports or glitches only random freezing at times might highly be due to ram but ram usually is the last thing u would suspect however in my case if cpu would be dead it wont give any beeps at all but it did give beeps only no beep after placing the ram so if i am that unlucky however to say all 3 of my ram sticks are dead is also rare in this case so still in dobut...at this point of time.. CPU or RAM HELP!?!?!?

G

wow i feel so bad for you. sorry.

ok. you got cpu, motherboard and psu to beep and means good, right?

put in RAM and nothing, right?

did you try 1 ram in each slot? then try another 1 stick in each slot?

even if the ram is bad i think you should still get a beep.

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

Yea i did try 1 by 1 and 1 by 1 slot all dont works on all 3 slots dont work too no beep at all

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

ok here is where i get confused see like i said most ppl would say its the motherboard problem i not saying its wrong deduction but the thing is i just RMA this board and got back 2 weeks ago and it having freezeing problems and problems detecting ram repeatively also this happens BEFORE i RMA to the P6T Delxue V2 before it freezes hangs then dies from triple channel to dual to single channel then i LOANED a P6T SE and worked fine for like 4 weeks and again same thing..freezes crashes cannot boot up dies to single channel got back this new RMA board again same thing but before it hanged it was reading triple channel fine and then freezes cannot boot up anymore so could it be the CPU? really??? i am so unlucky that 3 motherboards have same ram channel problems? or my CPU causing the motherboards ram slots to die??

G

that is a very good point. but i am not knowledgeable enough about the cpu memory controller to know.

it would be known if you had another cpu to swap . .

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
gaming fanatic wrote :

or my CPU causing the motherboards ram slots to die??

If Somone Can Verify on this it would be so helpful here anyone pls share your knowledge thx a dozen this would really solve my big dilmmea.

zander1983

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Solution : Unplug power cable from pc, plug new pc in ! :)

Ok, jokes aside.
You said you tested other motherboards, did you try with a brand other than Asus? Might be a weird / random issue with your cpu & mobo configuration.

But all the steps you are mentioned points to the CPU and maybe the RAM, I have seen RAM causing some weird things before. Any chance of using different RAM?

If different RAM doesn't solve this then a new LGA1155 & Mobo might be your next move. Splashing out on a 2nd hand LGA1366 cpu is stupid and dangerous.

One other thing you can try is to build your rig outside of your case on your desk. Might be that your mobo is shorting out against your case that you are not aware of.

gaming fanatic

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
@zander1983 Alrite cannot really tell much but good questions so far best post by you haha...but if it were like u said issue 1 and 3 then it would come down to is my cpu the cuplrit that casues all my motherboard time after time for the ram slots to die or caused the mobo having problems if that were the case then my cpu is faulty even though it can turn on at times and then start giving problems pretty much same issue cannot detect all ram cannot detect all at all freezes detect dual channel sometimes single channel but end up detects back triple channel when replugged or tried a new PSU at the service centre so CPU causing these??

as for issue 2 if its really ram its werid so my ram was dying? and then casues the motherboards ram slots to die?? or just ram died this time unless i got other ram which i dont and another cpu which i dont i cannot rule out either but most probably CPU that is why i said if someone is an expert on CPU pls tell me if it is possible the CPU killed my ram slots time and time again causing my ram to freeze again and again ram reading issues and ram channels issues or the ram casuing these??

RAM OR CPU??