Games crashing hours in and videos slow and sound stutters and crashes

motorguy253

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hi guys, i have a problem with my computer freezing then restarting seconds later, i have tried installing the mother board drivers, reinstalling windows xp 32 bit, updating video card drivers and ran memtest for about 8 hours with no errors, i have no idea whats causing the crashes but the computer just force reboots itself.

System specs

Gigabyte k8n51gmf-9
Amd 3200+
Nvidia 7600gt
250watt Dell power supply that was swapped for a austin 300 watt (the problem still happened with this power supply too)
80 gb western digital hd
2x1 gb kingston ram

divx and vlc player run smooth and never cause the crashes but streams and twitch.tv and league of legends crash.

Please help

motorguy253

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

The problem started ever since i got the computer, the problem would only occur when i was watching flash videos or playing video games, divx and vlc player work fine and never crash, but youtube stutters and justin.tv/twitch.tv , i changed the display driver and updated the motherboard driver, but left the bios the same.

ikaz

Distinguished
Ok what you should do for testing purpose is right click on my computer then choose properties. After that select the "advance" tab and then click the setting under "start up and recovery" you want to unckeck the restart PC check box. Then the next time you have problem is should Blue screen with some information post that and we maybe able to find out what the problem is.

motorguy253

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

i bought the 7600gt because i had a 6200 turbo cache on it before and i thought the problem was the graphics card.

motorguy253

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

i looked at that and it was and has been unchecked with the problem occurring

StrikerOwner

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
sorry for the bump but:
i had the same thing.... but when i wanted to boot up my pc i pushed the button of the pc earlier then the monitor.... i fixed it by first startup / start the monitor before booting the computer.

stefan