Can you recommend a MOBO for an AMD Turion ML-32?

reggieDIY

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I have some laptop parts I want to put to use (AMD Turion ML-32 - socket 754[strike] & 2 200 pin PC2700 SDIMMs[/strike]). The form factor doesn't matter to me though smaller would be better. I do need at least one PCI slot and would like a PATA controller on the board.

Thanks!

Ok, I see that its not worth the price to get a specialized board that will accept SODIMMs.

Thus my request is now for a good but cheap board that will be happy with an ML-32 and has at least one PCI slot and one PATA channel. Full compatibility with the ML-32 is most important.

Thanks again!

reggieDIY

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

There are some that take that memory but I'm not sure of the CPU compatibility - & there are a lot more boards out there than I've heard of.

reggieDIY

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

In practical terms (cost) you're 100% right. Please see my original, edited post.

Vectorous

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Hi,

It will be very hard and expensive to get a motherboard that will support a laptop CPU too.

You're better just to get a cheap celeron 775 cpu and matching motherboard. I'd be happy to assist you with choosing them. It will be easier and cheaper to go with desktop hardware than using laptop hardware on a desktop machine.

TRENDING THREADS