PSP sells over 500,000 in two days

Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
through.

http://www.us.playstation.com/pressreleases.aspx?id=268

PSP™ (PLAYSTATION® PORTABLE) SELLS MORE THAN A HALF MILLION UNITS IN
ITS FIRST TWO DAYS AND GENERATES OVER $150 MILLION IN FIRST WEEK SALES
SETTING NEW INDUSTRY BENCHMARK

Initial Sales Data Demonstrates PSP is the
Must Have Product of 2005

FOSTER CITY, Calif., April 7, 2005 Sony Computer Entertainment America
Inc. announced today that the first week sales of the PSP™
(PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system generated more
than $150 million at North American retailers, outpacing the launch
week sales for any other product in the space. Additionally, demand
drove the sell through of over 500,000 PSP Value Packs in the first two
days alone an unprecedented number further validating PSP as the most
anticipated product of 2005 and an industry altering force and remained
strong throughout the first week. Making the $150 million mark all the
more spectacular, PSP sales were achieved during a traditionally slower
non-holiday season launch, and during a period when many retailers were
closed for Easter.

"The launch of PSP was everything we hoped for, with extraordinary
consumer demand driving sales of hardware units alone upwards of $150
million in first week sales, far and away above those generated by any
other product in the space," said Kaz Hirai, president and chief
executive officer, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "In only two
weeks, PSP is having an immediate impact across the entire industry as
consumers are clearly voting it the product of the year in 2005."

"GameStop, Inc. has seen an extraordinary cross section of consumers
come through our doors including hard core gamers, business men and
women of all ages looking to get a PSP," said Dan DeMatteo,
vice-chairman and chief operational officer, GameStop Inc. "The overall
entertainment value of PSP is giving it a mass appeal beyond any other
product we have ever carried."

Setting a new standard as the first-ever integrated portable
entertainment system designed to provide consumers with a comprehensive
entertainment experience including games, music, movies, communication,
and wireless networking, PSP launched in North America on March 24 to
extraordinary consumer demand. Already a sensation in Japan with
upwards of 1 million units sold to date, the North American launch of
PSP saw lines snaking for blocks at retailers across the nation with
many locations extending business hours for midnight sales or early
openings to accommodate anxious consumers. Thousands of PSP fans at
special Sony Computer Entertainment America hosted events in San
Francisco and New York even braved rain and sleet to be among the first
to experience PSP.
67 answers Last reply
More about sells days

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
    > out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
    > through.

    This is going to hurt Fred so bad he'll never felch you again.

    -Z-

    Fred?
    LMAO!

    In article <1-adnefaGazvpMrfRVn-qg@giganews.com>,
    zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net says...

    >Blig Merk wrote:
    >
    >> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
    >> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
    >> through.
    >
    >This is going to hurt Fred so bad he'll never felch you again.
    >
    >-Z-

    What blows my mind is that he will be in here tomorrow spending time on
    something he hates. What in the world would possess a person to spend time on
    something they hate? This guy has the same mindset of a terrorist and that is
    a scary thought. I really hope that Fred finds a nice hobby because hate is a
    terrible hobby to have. With that said I will be leaving him alone and hope
    that he starts making constructive post in newsgroups for videogame systems he
    enjoys.

    Blig Merk wrote:
    > Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
    > out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies
    sell
    > through.

    Hrrrrmph.

    I was out today looking for a new PS2, as my old one (a launch model)
    broke about a month ago. Everyplace I went had PSPs, but very few had
    a PS2 in stock. (Target finally did).

    I'm sure the PSP sold fairly well, but they are not particularly hard
    to find, I doubt they sold their entire inventory. Unless they mean to
    retailers.

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote

    >> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
    >> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
    >> through.

    > This is going to hurt Fred so bad

    This is the same report we saw eariler.

    > he'll never felch you again.

    That's what you're gunning with? Are you so intimidated that you're going
    nuclear round two? lol.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    > What blows my mind is that he will be in here tomorrow spending time on
    > something he hates. What in the world would possess a person to spend time
    > on
    > something they hate? This guy has the same mindset of a terrorist and that
    > is
    > a scary thought. I really hope that Fred finds a nice hobby because hate
    > is a
    > terrible hobby to have. With that said I will be leaving him alone and
    > hope
    > that he starts making constructive post in newsgroups for videogame
    > systems he
    > enjoys.

    As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
    people you feel bad for?

    You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
    Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.

    "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Blig Merk wrote:
    >> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
    >> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies
    > sell
    >> through.
    >
    > Hrrrrmph.
    >
    > I was out today looking for a new PS2, as my old one (a launch model)
    > broke about a month ago. Everyplace I went had PSPs, but very few had
    > a PS2 in stock. (Target finally did).
    >
    > I'm sure the PSP sold fairly well, but they are not particularly hard
    > to find, I doubt they sold their entire inventory. Unless they mean to
    > retailers.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
    > Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.

    A worse job, you mean, since there were people who wanted one and couldn't
    find it for weeks. Nintendo only allocated 500,000, which sold out in the
    first week. Sony allocated 1,000,000, and sold 600,000 the first week.

    Between a company not supplying enough units to meet demand, and a company
    supplying more units than the demand, I'd say that the latter is a "better
    job."

    > "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Blig Merk wrote:
    > >> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
    > >> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies
    > > sell
    > >> through.
    > >
    > > Hrrrrmph.
    > >
    > > I was out today looking for a new PS2, as my old one (a launch model)
    > > broke about a month ago. Everyplace I went had PSPs, but very few had
    > > a PS2 in stock. (Target finally did).
    > >
    > > I'm sure the PSP sold fairly well, but they are not particularly hard
    > > to find, I doubt they sold their entire inventory. Unless they mean to
    > > retailers.

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote

    >> Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last
    >> week.
    >> Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
    >
    > A worse job, you mean,

    No, a much better job.

    > since there were people who wanted one and couldn't
    > find it for weeks.

    That's the same thing that's happening for the PSP, people can't find them
    because allocation was off. They sit in displays in towns that don't have
    any demand for them.

    > Nintendo only allocated 500,000, which sold out in the
    > first week. Sony allocated 1,000,000, and sold 600,000 the first week.

    No, I mean allocated to areas.

    > Between a company not supplying enough units to meet demand, and a company
    > supplying more units than the demand, I'd say that the latter is a "better
    > job."

    Not if you don't put them in markets that want them and keep them out of
    those that do.

    See what I'm saying? It's what the analysts said.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Whare are your stats on this?

    RnR Lesnar

    > "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote
    >
    >>> Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last
    >>> week.
    >>> Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
    >>
    >> A worse job, you mean,
    >
    > No, a much better job.
    >
    >> since there were people who wanted one and couldn't
    >> find it for weeks.
    >
    > That's the same thing that's happening for the PSP, people can't find them
    > because allocation was off. They sit in displays in towns that don't have
    > any demand for them.
    >
    >> Nintendo only allocated 500,000, which sold out in the
    >> first week. Sony allocated 1,000,000, and sold 600,000 the first week.
    >
    > No, I mean allocated to areas.
    >
    >> Between a company not supplying enough units to meet demand, and a
    >> company
    >> supplying more units than the demand, I'd say that the latter is a
    >> "better
    >> job."
    >
    > Not if you don't put them in markets that want them and keep them out of
    > those that do.
    >
    > See what I'm saying? It's what the analysts said.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> What blows my mind is that he will be in here tomorrow spending time on
    >> something he hates. What in the world would possess a person to spend time
    >> on
    >> something they hate? This guy has the same mindset of a terrorist and that
    >> is
    >> a scary thought. I really hope that Fred finds a nice hobby because hate
    >> is a
    >> terrible hobby to have. With that said I will be leaving him alone and
    >> hope
    >> that he starts making constructive post in newsgroups for videogame
    >> systems he
    >> enjoys.
    >
    >As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
    >people you feel bad for?
    >
    >You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!

    Hello, is anybody in there. Let me get this straight. I atagonize and
    instigate people who are in a Playstation newsgroup? The only people who
    should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the PSP. If
    your not interested in these platforms and your not interested in seeing them
    do well then guess what? BAM!!! Right...you shouldn't be in here.

    Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.

    girl 1: So what, everyone french kisses.
    girl 2: Yeah, but daddy says I'm the best!
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >>As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
    >>people you feel bad for?
    >>
    >>You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!

    > Hello, is anybody in there. Let me get this straight. I atagonize and
    > instigate people who are in a Playstation newsgroup?

    Playstation 2 group. Keep it straight.

    > The only people who
    > should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the
    > PSP.

    That's bullshit. This is a PS2 newsgroup. It's for discussion of the PS2.
    You don't have to like the PSP or the PSX, although I do.

    > If
    > your not interested in these platforms and your not interested in seeing
    > them
    > do well then guess what? BAM!!! Right...you shouldn't be in here.

    I've bought two PS2's and have stacks of games for it.

    > Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.

    Yes, she is easily satisfied.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

    Jeeez O man dude, you're beat.
    Live with it, Deal with it!
    The PSP is a huge success and it will become (if not already) the dominant
    handheld gaming device in this generation on the planet.
    You said differently, you have been proven wrong time and time again.
    Go play in threads not concerning the PSP.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > You said differently, you have been proven wrong time and time again.

    When have I said something wrong? You're pretty dumb.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425a9b8c$0$2701$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
    >Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.

    Another batch of satisfied PSP owners leaving Freds local Target.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
    >>Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
    >
    > Another batch of satisfied PSP owners leaving Freds local Target.

    I don't know that.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last
    >>>week.
    >>>Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
    >>
    >> Another batch of satisfied PSP owners leaving Freds local Target.
    >
    > I don't know that.

    If they had the same amount last week, Sony should be commended for keeping
    stores stocked so no one goes home empty handed.

    RnR Lesnar
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > If they had the same amount last week, Sony should be commended for
    > keeping stores stocked so no one goes home empty handed.

    Not when there is a shortage someplace else or in some larger area. Duh.

    That's where Nintendo was better at allocating stock with the DS.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    You couldn't find DS's anywhere. Nintendo didn't meet demand. Anyone who
    wants a PSP can get one via most local retailers or online retailers.

    RnR Lesnar

    > "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> If they had the same amount last week, Sony should be commended for
    >> keeping stores stocked so no one goes home empty handed.
    >
    > Not when there is a shortage someplace else or in some larger area. Duh.
    >
    > That's where Nintendo was better at allocating stock with the DS.

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <7-6dnQiH7YApXMffRVn-pQ@suscom.com>, lightenup@francis.news says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
    >

    >girl 1: So what, everyone french kisses.
    >girl 2: Yeah, but daddy says I'm the best!

    Exactly what I was thinking about. LOL!!!!
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > In article <7-6dnQiH7YApXMffRVn-pQ@suscom.com>, lightenup@francis.news
    > says...
    >>

    >>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >>> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
    >>

    >>girl 1: So what, everyone french kisses.
    >>girl 2: Yeah, but daddy says I'm the best!
    >>

    > Exactly what I was thinking about. LOL!!!!

    I love that movie!
    It reminds me of what home life must be for Fred.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425ac711$0$2660$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>>As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
    >>>people you feel bad for?
    >>>
    >>>You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!
    >
    >> Hello, is anybody in there. Let me get this straight. I atagonize and
    >> instigate people who are in a Playstation newsgroup?
    >
    >Playstation 2 group. Keep it straight.

    Anything Playstation related. I got it down pat sweet pea.

    >> The only people who
    >> should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the
    >> PSP.
    >
    >That's bullshit. This is a PS2 newsgroup. It's for discussion of the PS2.
    >You don't have to like the PSP or the PSX, although I do.

    Its for anything Playstation and hamster(hamster lovin especially) talk is
    okay too.

    >> If
    >> your not interested in these platforms and your not interested in seeing
    >> them
    >> do well then guess what? BAM!!! Right...you shouldn't be in here.
    >
    >I've bought two PS2's and have stacks of games for it.
    >
    >> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
    >
    >Yes, she is easily satisfied.

    I know!
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>> The only people who
    >>> should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the
    >>> PSP.
    >>
    >>That's bullshit. This is a PS2 newsgroup. It's for discussion of the
    >>PS2.
    >>You don't have to like the PSP or the PSX, although I do.
    >>
    > Its for anything Playstation and hamster(hamster lovin especially) talk is
    > okay too.

    No, it's for Playstation 2 explicitly, not Playstation or PSP. Both are off
    topic here.
    Eat a smart pill, or simmer down, please.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425af8f5$0$2745$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >>>That's bullshit. This is a PS2 newsgroup. It's for discussion of the
    >>>PS2.
    >>>You don't have to like the PSP or the PSX, although I do.
    >>>
    >> Its for anything Playstation and hamster(hamster lovin especially) talk is
    >> okay too.
    >
    >No, it's for Playstation 2 explicitly, not Playstation or PSP. Both are off
    >topic here.
    >Eat a smart pill, or simmer down, please.

    Sorry, anything Playstation related goes right here sweet pea. Don't talk
    about simmering either....my hamsters are getting scared.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>Who cares about the DS? It doesn't have any system seller games either.
    >>Both are pretty weak in their offerings.
    >>

    > False. The PSP had about six kickass games at launch.

    None of them system sellers, sadly.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> That's where Nintendo was better at allocating stock with the DS.

    > You couldn't find DS's anywhere. Nintendo didn't meet demand.

    You're confusing demand with allocation.

    > Anyone who wants a PSP can get one via most local retailers or online
    > retailers.

    There obviously isn't enough demand for the PSP for the amount produced,
    true, but the fact that it's sold on in various places and collecting dust
    in others shows how the allocation was off.

    It's a little aspect that allowed the DS to sell though everything and in
    this case, hurt the sale through of the PSP.

    No big deal.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Who cares about the DS? It doesn't have any system seller games either.
    >>>Both are pretty weak in their offerings.
    >>>

    >> False. The PSP had about six kickass games at launch.
    >
    > None of them system sellers, sadly.

    They were enough to move 600,000 PSP's in the first week. Nobody was buying
    it to primarily display their digital camera pictures, so I think the games
    are what moved systems.

    RnR Lesnar
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>> False. The PSP had about six kickass games at launch.
    >>
    >> None of them system sellers, sadly.
    >
    > They were enough to move 600,000 PSP's in the first week. Nobody was
    > buying it to primarily display their digital camera pictures, so I think
    > the games are what moved systems.

    You're confused and arrogant. Bad mix.

    There was no game that sold the PSP. What game to buy came after the
    decision to buy a PSP.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425bfb0a$0$2705$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Who cares about the DS? It doesn't have any system seller games either.
    >>>Both are pretty weak in their offerings.
    >>>

    >> False. The PSP had about six kickass games at launch.
    >
    >None of them system sellers, sadly.

    Ridge Racer-yes
    Twisted Metal-yes
    Tiger Woods-yes
    Lumines-yes
    Wipeout Pure-yes
    Tony Hawk-yes

    I count six. Thats why so many people people bought one.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>None of them system sellers, sadly.

    > Ridge Racer-yes
    > Twisted Metal-yes
    > Tiger Woods-yes
    > Lumines-yes
    > Wipeout Pure-yes
    > Tony Hawk-yes
    >
    > I count six. Thats why so many people people bought one.

    Not a single one of those were system sellers.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> They were enough to move 600,000 PSP's in the first week. Nobody was
    >> buying it to primarily display their digital camera pictures, so I
    >> think the games are what moved systems.
    >
    > You're confused and arrogant. Bad mix.
    >
    > There was no game that sold the PSP. What game to buy came after the
    > decision to buy a PSP.

    Not for me - and not for most people I suspect.

    I saw the reviews of Lumines, went to the store - picked up a PSP + game.

    For the DS though, I bought it and guessed at Mario. Sadly, the DS is
    *still* collecting dust.

    Since you don't have a PSP though, you're commenting on a subject about
    which you have no knowledge and claiming that you must be right. That makes
    you a) arrogant, b) confused and c) ignorant of the subject.

    Then again, since you've been whipped in this and other threads, I guess
    all you have left is trying to get the last post in.

    toady.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message

    > Not for me - and not for most people I suspect.
    >
    > I saw the reviews of Lumines, went to the store - picked up a PSP + game.

    You spent $300 bucks to play Lumines?

    Interesting.

    > For the DS though, I bought it and guessed at Mario. Sadly, the DS is
    > *still* collecting dust.

    > Since you don't have a PSP though, you're commenting on a subject about
    > which you have no knowledge and claiming that you must be right. That
    > makes
    > you a) arrogant, b) confused and c) ignorant of the subject.

    What? I bought a PSP sight unseen. I got a couple games as well, RR and
    Lumines. Neither of which are system sellers, but I chose them after I
    decided to buy the PSP.

    You're wrong on all three counts, son. :(

    > Then again, since you've been whipped in this and other threads, I guess
    > all you have left is trying to get the last post in.

    lol. Right... There's your ego defense mechanisms protecting you from the
    knowledge I've dropped on your unworthy ass.

    Why are you here anyways? Bored with the PSP already?
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425d6841$0$2714$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>>None of them system sellers, sadly.
    >
    >> Ridge Racer-yes
    >> Twisted Metal-yes
    >> Tiger Woods-yes
    >> Lumines-yes
    >> Wipeout Pure-yes
    >> Tony Hawk-yes
    >>
    >> I count six. Thats why so many people people bought one.
    >
    >Not a single one of those were system sellers.

    600,000 units makes all of those system sellers. Sorry that the truth hurts
    you so much.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425d6800$0$2700$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> None of them system sellers, sadly.
    >>
    >> They were enough to move 600,000 PSP's in the first week. Nobody was
    >> buying it to primarily display their digital camera pictures, so I think
    >> the games are what moved systems.
    >
    >You're confused and arrogant. Bad mix.
    >
    >There was no game that sold the PSP. What game to buy came after the
    >decision to buy a PSP.

    I wouldn't have bought the system if it didn't have any system sellers. Thats
    why the DS is the first handheld or console that I skipped buying in the last
    ten years.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425d71ce$0$2682$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Not for me - and not for most people I suspect.
    >>
    >> I saw the reviews of Lumines, went to the store - picked up a PSP + game.
    >
    >You spent $300 bucks to play Lumines?
    >
    >Interesting.

    Its called a system seller. Your learning at least.

    >> For the DS though, I bought it and guessed at Mario. Sadly, the DS is
    >> *still* collecting dust.
    >

    >> Since you don't have a PSP though, you're commenting on a subject about
    >> which you have no knowledge and claiming that you must be right. That
    >> makes
    >> you a) arrogant, b) confused and c) ignorant of the subject.
    >
    >What? I bought a PSP sight unseen. I got a couple games as well, RR and
    >Lumines. Neither of which are system sellers, but I chose them after I
    >decided to buy the PSP.

    LOL!!! I guess your still hanging on to the little fella story of I own one
    and don't like it. You sound like a first grader on the play ground saying
    that you already own that hotwheels but you didn't bring it because you don't
    like playing with it.

    >You're wrong on all three counts, son. :(
    >
    >> Then again, since you've been whipped in this and other threads, I guess
    >> all you have left is trying to get the last post in.
    >
    >lol. Right... There's your ego defense mechanisms protecting you from the
    >knowledge I've dropped on your unworthy ass.
    >
    >Why are you here anyways? Bored with the PSP already?

    We are here talking about the best damn handheld ever made. Do you see the
    other threads Fred or are you just blocking out all the good stuff?
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>What? I bought a PSP sight unseen. I got a couple games as well, RR and
    >>Lumines. Neither of which are system sellers, but I chose them after I
    >>decided to buy the PSP.
    >>
    > LOL!!! I guess your still hanging on to the little fella story of I own
    > one
    > and don't like it.

    I don't own one, as it's been stated several times. I've never said I don't
    like it.

    >>Why are you here anyways? Bored with the PSP already?
    >>
    > We are here talking about the best damn handheld ever made. Do you see the
    > other threads Fred or are you just blocking out all the good stuff?

    You're in the wrong group then, spammer.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> None of them system sellers, sadly.
    >>
    >> They were enough to move 600,000 PSP's in the first week. Nobody was
    >> buying it to primarily display their digital camera pictures, so I think
    >> the games are what moved systems.
    >
    > You're confused and arrogant. Bad mix.

    There is nothing arrogant nor confusing about the fact that people bought
    the PSP to play games and the games is what moved systems.

    > There was no game that sold the PSP. What game to buy came after the
    > decision to buy a PSP.

    As is the case with all systems that came out this generation except the
    Xbox which had Halo.

    RnR Lesnar
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <425d9b9a$0$2667$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>>What? I bought a PSP sight unseen. I got a couple games as well, RR and
    >>>Lumines. Neither of which are system sellers, but I chose them after I
    >>>decided to buy the PSP.
    >>>
    >> LOL!!! I guess your still hanging on to the little fella story of I own
    >> one
    >> and don't like it.

    Small chuckle.

    >I don't own one, as it's been stated several times. I've never said I don't
    >like it.
    >
    >>>Why are you here anyways? Bored with the PSP already?
    >>>
    >> We are here talking about the best damn handheld ever made. Do you see the
    >> other threads Fred or are you just blocking out all the good stuff?
    >
    >You're in the wrong group then, spammer.

    Large chuckle. Playstation is as Playstation does.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>> They were enough to move 600,000 PSP's in the first week. Nobody was
    >>> buying it to primarily display their digital camera pictures, so I think
    >>> the games are what moved systems.
    >>
    >> You're confused and arrogant. Bad mix.
    >
    > There is nothing arrogant nor confusing about the fact that people bought
    > the PSP to play games and the games is what moved systems.

    What made you think something different? You're quite confused, obviously.

    >> There was no game that sold the PSP. What game to buy came after the
    >> decision to buy a PSP.

    > As is the case with all systems that came out this generation except the
    > Xbox which had Halo.

    GC had Star Wars. Sorry, you're wrong.

    Personally, SW was a system seller. PS2 didn't have any system sellers,
    true, so I didn't buy one until it did.

    I haven't replaced my PSP yet either, because there's plenty of them, so no
    worry that I won't get one when there is a system seller for it. But right
    now, there simply is no system seller for PSP, or DS.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>> You don't know the definition of either apparently. NOBODY had DS's, so
    >>> how could you prove that they were allocated correctly?
    >>
    >> Because there wasn't any setting anywhere collecting dust while people
    >> were looking for them.
    >
    > You stupid bastard! It was an issue of lack of supply, not great
    > allocation!!!!!

    PSP had poor allocation.

    >>> In the same time frame, PSP has outsold DS by 100,000.
    >>
    >> That's not been shown yet.
    >
    > By the data, yes it has.

    There is no data yet, young dumb one.

    Why don't you just hold tight and wait until it comes out, k sweetie?
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote

    > That is exactly why I stopped respnoding to him.
    > I can't help but feel sorry for the mentally challenged.

    lol. The irony. lol.
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Because there wasn't any setting anywhere collecting dust while people
    >>> were looking for them.
    >>
    >> You stupid bastard! It was an issue of lack of supply, not great
    >> allocation!!!!!
    >
    > PSP had poor allocation.

    Allocation just must be your word for every day and when you type it you
    yell out loud a'la Pee Wee's Playhouse.

    RnR Lesnar
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    If Star wars was a system seller, then prove it. Find me the data that shows
    the ratio of Star Wars to Gamecubes during launch week. I'd expect at least
    half of all Gamecube owners bought it to justify it being a system seller,
    especially considering there werent many games at launch. I'll help you out,
    I did buy Star Wars with the Gamecube. So that makes one, find the rest of
    the data.

    RnR Lesnar

    > "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> You're confused and arrogant. Bad mix.
    >>
    >> There is nothing arrogant nor confusing about the fact that people bought
    >> the PSP to play games and the games is what moved systems.
    >
    > What made you think something different? You're quite confused,
    > obviously.
    >
    >>> There was no game that sold the PSP. What game to buy came after the
    >>> decision to buy a PSP.
    >
    >> As is the case with all systems that came out this generation except the
    >> Xbox which had Halo.
    >
    > GC had Star Wars. Sorry, you're wrong.
    >
    > Personally, SW was a system seller. PS2 didn't have any system sellers,
    > true, so I didn't buy one until it did.
    >
    > I haven't replaced my PSP yet either, because there's plenty of them, so
    > no worry that I won't get one when there is a system seller for it. But
    > right now, there simply is no system seller for PSP, or DS.

  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > If Star wars was a system seller, then prove it. Find me the data that
    shows
    > the ratio of Star Wars to Gamecubes during launch week. I'd expect at
    least
    > half of all Gamecube owners bought it to justify it being a system seller,
    > especially considering there werent many games at launch. I'll help you
    out,
    > I did buy Star Wars with the Gamecube. So that makes one, find the rest of
    > the data.

    I got Star Wars with my Gamecube at launch but only because I purchase a
    package deal.
    I played it for 30 minutes and never touched it again.
    I didn't care for it even a little bit.
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Boody Bandit wrote:
    > "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>If Star wars was a system seller, then prove it. Find me the data that
    >
    > shows
    >
    >>the ratio of Star Wars to Gamecubes during launch week. I'd expect at
    >
    > least
    >
    >>half of all Gamecube owners bought it to justify it being a system seller,
    >>especially considering there werent many games at launch. I'll help you
    >
    > out,
    >
    >>I did buy Star Wars with the Gamecube. So that makes one, find the rest of
    >>the data.
    >

    > I got Star Wars with my Gamecube at launch but only because I purchase a
    > package deal.
    > I played it for 30 minutes and never touched it again.
    > I didn't care for it even a little bit.

    I think a fair amount of people bought one that had that game packed in
    with it.
    I wouldn't call that a system seller really, it is a throw in or freebie.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    >> You're a pussy too.
    >
    > How would you know since you have never seen one, bitch?

    I've got the internet and your girl's is all over it. A before shot in that
    web banner ad for genital wart cream. Luckily, it was so covered in flies
    and feces that you had time to look away before you realized what it was.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> PSP had poor allocation.
    >
    > Allocation just must be your word for every day and when you type it you
    > yell out loud a'la Pee Wee's Playhouse.

    Obviously you've forgotten that you're the one making a huge fuss out of
    their poor allocation. You really should grow up.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/starwarsrogueleaderrs2/news_2830267.html
    IGN "This is definitely a system seller."
    http://cube.ign.com/articles/135/135337p1.html?fromint=1

    You just have to hit google, my friend. Even you admitted it was a system
    seller. Get over it.

    "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If Star wars was a system seller, then prove it. Find me the data that
    > shows the ratio of Star Wars to Gamecubes during launch week. I'd expect
    > at least half of all Gamecube owners bought it to justify it being a
    > system seller, especially considering there werent many games at launch.
    > I'll help you out, I did buy Star Wars with the Gamecube. So that makes
    > one, find the rest of the data.

Console Gaming PlayStation Sony Video Games