Sign in with
Your question

Asrock 775i65GV HDD SUPPORT

Last response: in Motherboards
January 11, 2013 5:59:42 PM

HELLO! I have asrock 775i65GV Motherboard and now want to chane my HDD . Currently i have 120gb HDD which is connected to Primary IDE port . I saw that my motherboard ( ASROCK 775i65GV)supports 2 SATA DEVICES. So i want to know that how much maximum GB capacity supports and which type HDD i'll purchase? is any SATA HDD COMPATIABLE? my friend suggested this one. so is it cmpatibale [http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-barracuda-500-gb-deskto...]
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 6:37:57 PM

It supports almost all drives but for that you may need to update your bios. It is better you buy 2 hdd of 500GB at raid 0. This will make your system fast.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2013 12:43:02 PM

The SATA controller on this old motherboard is still SATA1 (1.5 Gbps). SATA2 HDDs are usually backwards compatible. But on these old ASRock boards you might have to force the drive to run at 1.5 Gbps to get them recognized.

Some drives have a jumper for that, on some you can do it via a software tool, and on many new drives there is no way to force them to run at 1.5 Gbps anymore.

The drive you mentioned (ST500DM002) is a SATA3 (6Gbps) drive. I hope that I am wrong, but I think it is not going to work on this motherboard. Maybe contact Seagate and WD directly and ask them for recommendations for drives that can be forced to run at 1.5 Gbps. Then you also find out which manufacturer is the most responsive :) 

Your motherboard does not support RAID.
m
l
!