Last response: in Graphics & Displays

What would you pick?

Total: 4 votes (1 blank vote)

• The AOC!
  • 34 %
  • The ASUS!
  • 67 %
October 7, 2011 12:17:06 AM

Which one of these monitors is better for gaming, just gaming. I dont care about size just the performance.

This
www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa...
Vs
www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa...

Which one would you prefer?

Thanks!

More about : question

a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2011 12:38:19 AM

Spec & price wise, they're both decent.... Although specifications alone can be VERY misleading when it comes to stuff thats half preference & half function. I have to admit the light bar on the AOC monitor is interesting. I'll have to go with the ASUS monitor on this one - it has a IPS (definitely not true 8bit-color IPS performance) but mind you it's still a IPS panel....

~Coffee
October 7, 2011 1:12:43 AM

coffeecoffee said:
Spec & price wise, they're both decent.... Although specifications alone can be VERY misleading when it comes to stuff thats half preference & half function. I have to admit the light bar on the AOC monitor is interesting. I'll have to go with the ASUS monitor on this one - it has a IPS (definitely not true 8bit-color IPS performance) but mind you it's still a IPS panel....

~Coffee

I like the led bar too! But is the ASUS a better choice for gaming? I just want to know that fact.

Thanks!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 7, 2011 2:01:02 AM

Quote:
It also has a great response time.
2ms is rapido fast for gaming ;) 

They are both LED monitors, also the ASUS is 50,000,000:1 vs 20,000,000:1 but the AOC is 2ms vs 5ms.

So confused :heink: 
October 7, 2011 2:07:56 AM

Quote:
I would be going for lower response time because there will be honestly miniscule difference in contrast.

Thanks for always helping me :D 

I have to pick a monitor out of this page http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPa... and I want the one with best performance, but under the $250 price mark.

Thanks again.
October 7, 2011 2:17:43 AM

Quote:
The asus is asthetically stunning but do not be fooled by LED and mega high contrast ratios.
They can have poor picture quality even with the new features.
I would search google for reviews for each specific monitor and choose the best for yourself ;) 

Thanks!
October 7, 2011 2:42:25 AM

http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VS248H/ Anyone heard good things about it, and is 24" a good size to game on or would 23" be better? I was thinking that 24" would have the same amount of pixels as a 23" version, so would 23" be better? Or would they both have the same ppi (pixels per inch)?

Thanks.
!