How to use tomato firmware to wirelessly extend the ethernet network

G

Hi, I have a Linksys WRT54G router that I'm currently running with the tomato firmware. I'm in a situation where I want to kind of extend the ethernet network, wirelessly obviously.

What I mean by that is, I'm part of a very large network, with modems and switches that I don't have access to. I was using a switch before to connect multiple devices through my ethernet port, but now I have some devices that are wireless only that need connectivity. What settings do I need to have my router on where instead of assigning it's own IP addresses it will be transparent and let the existing network/modems take care of the assignments? This way any devices that connects to the router will have the 128.236.x.x ip address type of the network instead of the 192.168.x.x type that it is currently giving out, therefore seeing other devices on the network like Xboxs and such.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it!

Solution
all you need to do is

first setup the wireless security

then assign a static IP to the LAN IP that matches the 128.236.x.x scheme and disable the DHCP

finally connect one of the four LAN ports (NOT the WAN/Internet port) to the switch
all you need to do is

first setup the wireless security

then assign a static IP to the LAN IP that matches the 128.236.x.x scheme and disable the DHCP

finally connect one of the four LAN ports (NOT the WAN/Internet port) to the switch

Solution
G

Will this assign different IP addresses to all of the devices connected or just share the one plugged into the LAN?

These are the instructions to setup a router as a Access Point (AP).

a AP needs a IP so it can communicate to your wireless devices, which will receive IPs from whatever device does DHCP.

there might be a chance that you AP's IP conflicts with another device; therefore, try to set it to 128.236.xxx.253

Ping the IP you want to use first to see if it is currently used.