Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to determine what PSU to get

Last response: in Components
Share
March 7, 2012 11:26:39 AM

Was looking at the Sticky threads and the link i wanted doesn't work, Basically i want to know what power supply i will need for my system is there a way to work it out? or is 450w enough for all computers?

More about : determine psu

a c 274 ) Power supply
March 7, 2012 11:41:06 AM

List your specs cpu and gpu are the most important factors.
March 7, 2012 11:51:11 AM

I'm looking at buying a dual core 2.40ghz and gfx of 512mb, only going to be a basic model as it will be the first build i am doing
Related resources
a c 274 ) Power supply
March 7, 2012 11:52:53 AM

Yes a decent quality unit like a Corsair CX430V2 would be fine.
March 7, 2012 12:31:34 PM

davcon said:
Yes a decent quality unit like a Corsair CX430V2 would be fine.


So would 450w be enough for this sort of system?
March 7, 2012 12:33:29 PM

tally2425 said:
I'm looking at buying a dual core 2.40ghz and gfx of 512mb, only going to be a basic model as it will be the first build i am doing


Tally,

A 450w Psu will be fine for your Basic computeing needs. Should your Computer needs ever change though. I recommend you buy a psu the will support your current and future needs.

For a reference only. I use Neweggs power supply wattage calculator located here: http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index...

I hope this helps
March 7, 2012 12:38:04 PM

ziuus1 said:
Tally,

A 450w Psu will be fine for your Basic computeing needs. Should your Computer needs ever change though. I recommend you buy a psu the will support your current and future needs.

For a reference only. I use Neweggs power supply wattage calculator located here: http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index...

I hope this helps


Thank you very much :D 
a c 274 ) Power supply
March 7, 2012 12:56:31 PM

tally2425 said:
So would 450w be enough for this sort of system?

Yep the unit i suggested is 430W.
!