Temple of Elemental Evil

homerj

Just picked up this game and its seriously annoying!

I just cannot seem to loot bodies. I left click like it says to do and
nothing happens. I can only get the items dead bodies have if I leave
the map and reenter it.I must be missing something,,, Anyone got any
ideas?

TIA

HJ

HomerJ wrote:
> Just picked up this game and its seriously annoying!
>
> I just cannot seem to loot bodies. I left click like it says to do and
> nothing happens. I can only get the items dead bodies have if I leave
> the map and reenter it.I must be missing something,,, Anyone got any
> ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> HJ

HomerJ,

Make sure that you get all three patches for TOEE. I beleive the third
patch addresses this very issue which was introduced by DirectX 9.0c.
There are other unofficial patches as well. However, it has been my
experience that they are not well done and break more than they fix.

Fireclown

homerj

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:05:09 GMT, HomerJ <homer@homer.com> wrote:

>Just picked up this game and its seriously annoying!
>
>I just cannot seem to loot bodies. I left click like it says to do and
>nothing happens. I can only get the items dead bodies have if I leave
>the map and reenter it.I must be missing something,,, Anyone got any
>ideas?
>
>TIA
>
>HJ

found the answer! (after trawling thru what seemed like pages and
pages of bugs) lol

you apparently need to enter combat mode to be able to loot bodies.
should have thought of that myself.. NOT

guess it is the buggy bugfest I've heard so much about...

HJ

HomerJ wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:18:48 -0500, Fireclown
> <Fireclown@spamblock.com> wrote:
>
>>HomerJ wrote:
>>> Just picked up this game and its seriously annoying!
>>>
>>> I just cannot seem to loot bodies. I left click like it says to do
and
>>> nothing happens. I can only get the items dead bodies have if I
leave
>>> the map and reenter it.I must be missing something,,, Anyone got
any
>>> ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>>Make sure that you get all three patches for TOEE. I beleive the
third
>>patch addresses this very issue which was introduced by DirectX 9.0c.
>>There are other unofficial patches as well. However, it has been my
>>experience that they are not well done and break more than they fix.
>>
>>Fireclown
>
> thanks m8, off to check 'em out now.

Personally, whenever I buy a PC game I search on Google for any
available patches. This can reduce your frustration with a game, since
you don't encounter bugs that you could have avoided.

I didn't have any problems playing ToEE with the second patch and the
fan-made patch despite playing on a slow computer, so you should give
the game a shot after patching it IMHO.

homerj