PS2 hard drive????

I've been finding out more about a HD for the PS2 and wondered if anyone
else has added one?

As I usderstand it you need a eithernet pack to connect the HD, is this
true?

Also I know there's software out there that will let me put the whole
game cd onto the hd so there's no need for the cd.... my question is
about this. If I did that would I still need to modchip my ps 2 to play
US titles in the UK?

cheers
3 answers Last reply
More about hard drive

    hdloader.net

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:04:30 +0100, Bri
    <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >I've been finding out more about a HD for the PS2 and wondered if anyone
    >else has added one?
    >
    >As I usderstand it you need a eithernet pack to connect the HD, is this
    >true?
    >
    >Also I know there's software out there that will let me put the whole
    >game cd onto the hd so there's no need for the cd.... my question is
    >about this. If I did that would I still need to modchip my ps 2 to play
    >US titles in the UK?
    >
    >cheers

    Thanks for the link, I will look into it

    brian

    > hdloader.net
    >

    > On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:04:30 +0100, Bri
    > <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>I've been finding out more about a HD for the PS2 and wondered if anyone
    >>else has added one?
    >>
    >>As I usderstand it you need a eithernet pack to connect the HD, is this
    >>true?
    >>
    >>Also I know there's software out there that will let me put the whole
    >>game cd onto the hd so there's no need for the cd.... my question is
    >>about this. If I did that would I still need to modchip my ps 2 to play
    >>US titles in the UK?
    >>
    >>cheers

    Bri <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > As I usderstand it you need a eithernet pack to connect the HD, is this
    > true?

    You do need the broadband adaptor to use the HDD. Some later releases of
    the older-style PS2 came with the broadband adaptor. The current model,
    the slimline, has it built in, but is not compatible with the HDD at all.

Console Gaming PlayStation HD Video Games