thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Just curious but do you guys think the new Ivy Bridges prices would be in the neighborhood of the current SBs? I'm curious because I just got a 2700k yesterday and didn't think the new Ivy bridges would be much more of an increase performance wise, but since it looks like they might be out next month, maybe I should RMA it and wait for IB to come out if it's about the same price. I mainly use my pc for gaming and handbraking/video stuff so I can't decide if I should just install the 2700k now or wait and see. Additionally, for encoding/transcoding, I'm not sure a presumed 10% overall increase in performance will be worth the wait. What do you guys think?

i hear its going to be a low power version of sandy bridge, so no performance increase although 3 video cards with @ x16 which is nice for some. also i saw leaked a 3.5 ghz ivy bridge processor o.c. to 7 with dry ice.... prices will be high on the initial offering will be lucky to see any in the 250 $ range

Based on past experience I would say that our next generation Intel® Core™ processors would have price points at the same places of the processors that they are replacing. The resellers might charge a little more at the beginning simply because they can but I wouldnt expect that to last long.

Also I wouldn't expect to see price drops on the current generation of Intel Core processors again this is based on past experience and not any first hand knowledge of price moves.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team