can't run software after user account deleted

claire

I set up 3 user accounts on my computer last year, and
loaded Quicken onto one of them. I set up some type of
password access for the main Quicken data file (don't
remember how, can't reproduce it, can't get rid of the
password protection, and this wasn't a zipped/compressed
file) that has worked well.

2 days ago I decided to simplify my life and get rid of
that user account and move all of the data files to my
main user account. Now I can't run Quicken on my main
user account, even after I reloaded Quicken. I get the
message "Windows cannot access the specified drive, path
or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to
access the item."

Help!! This is years worth of financial information...

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:50:58 -0700, "claire"

>I set up 3 user accounts on my computer last year, and
>loaded Quicken onto one of them. I set up some type of
>password access for the main Quicken data file (don't
>remember how, can't reproduce it, can't get rid of the
>password protection, and this wasn't a zipped/compressed
>file) that has worked well.
>
>2 days ago I decided to simplify my life and get rid of
>that user account and move all of the data files to my
>main user account. Now I can't run Quicken on my main
>user account, even after I reloaded Quicken. I get the
>message "Windows cannot access the specified drive, path
>or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to
>access the item."
>
>Help!! This is years worth of financial information...

1. Do you not have any backups of your Quicken data?

You can try to "Take Ownership" of the Quicken folder as well as the
data folder/files.

Flag/Unflag them all off ReadOnly if they are.

If Quicken itself has a password protection, no amount of file
privileges will get past that, besides calling Intuit and having them
crack it open for you. I don't even know if they would do that,
considering the sensitivity of financial information.

---Atreju---