AsRock P67 Extreme4 display issues

Deathmajesty

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
My motherboard seemed to stop displaying anything? I get Dr Debug code 36 for a few seconds at boot and then it turns to F2.

Code 36: CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM) initialization
Code F2: Recovery process started

Any idea what to do? I've done everything, rebuilding the whole computer even. No avail.

Deathmajesty

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I actually have a spare computer, in which I tested my GPU and it worked fine. I also tested the GPU that was in the other computer as well and the same problem occurs. I'm using the other computer currently right now (I use it as much as my main computer that isn't working). So I've came to the conclusion that it isn't my graphics card.

Deathmajesty

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I cleared the cmos multiple times as well as removing the CMOS battery multiple times. It happened when I was changing some settings in the BIOS, and I changed my ram. It was saying that I was running my ram at 1866 instead of 1600 and I wanted it to be 1600. So I changed it back to 1600 and after rebooting that's when it happened.

edit: i've checked every memory slot with each memory stick and still no avail. Plus I've even tried booting without the memory in their slots (which probably wouldn't help, but it doesn't hurt trying?)

Deathmajesty

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

That's the other problem - everything is completely plugged in. All the cables are very secure, nothing is loose or anything. the power cord is always unplugged when I work on my computer too.

edit: I think I'm coming to the conclusion that it might be my motherboard, but I don't want to come to that conclusion. They don't even make this model anymore XD

Deathmajesty

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I'm very sorry for the late response - I have in fact cleared the CMOS - multiple times for at least 15 to 30 minutes. It happened when I had tried OC'ing some of my RAM, and then the computer shut off - I knew it didn't work at that time so I cleared the CMOS via button on the mobo I can push. After that, the monitor stopped displaying. I know it can't be my RAM because I've tried each and individual slot with each individual card