Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Should I Replace?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
January 12, 2013 3:46:25 AM

I'm going to be building a gaming rig soon, And am not certain about the motherboard/memory/case compatability...

Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/x66M

More about : replace

a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
a b } Memory
January 12, 2013 3:55:39 AM

It all looks compatible to me, although Crucial currently has a cheaper memory kit with the same specs and I wouldn't touch another Corsair CX/Builder series PSU since my experience with the last few dozen of them that I've used. They're not bad, but they're not very good either.
m
0
l
January 12, 2013 10:04:21 AM

blazorthon said:
It all looks compatible to me, although Crucial currently has a cheaper memory kit with the same specs and I wouldn't touch another Corsair CX/Builder series PSU since my experience with the last few dozen of them that I've used. They're not bad, but they're not very good either.


Thank you for the Info! Are there any PSU's you would recommend around the same price?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 12, 2013 11:44:25 AM

i would advise you to choose the ASUS VE248H
it is 10$ more on newegg but it is way better and 24"
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
a b } Memory
January 12, 2013 5:47:57 PM

Triscuitcraker said:
Thank you for the Info! Are there any PSU's you would recommend around the same price?


Not counting MIRs, the XFX 550W P1-550S-XXB9, Antec Neo Eco 520W, and a few others are similar in price to the Corsair CX series 550W models. The XFX unit is probably the best, but it's a little on the expensive side compared to some others at about $60 or $55 after MIR instead of around $50 or a little cheaper than $50 after MIR.
m
0
l
January 12, 2013 9:36:52 PM

tomalh said:
i would advise you to choose the ASUS VE248H
it is 10$ more on newegg but it is way better and 24"


That is a sexy moniter. However, The main reason I am getting the Asus VS239H is that it is a relatively inexpensive IPS moniter
m
0
l
!