s-video LCD

Last response: in Video Games
April 10, 2005 3:14:28 PM

Hi
I'm looking for a decent flat screen to link to PS2. The locals tell me that
I need a LCD with a S-video input, i.e. it will have to be a TC-LCD as we
(rather than just a PC LCD). Being an ignoramus on this issue, what is the
way to go?
Until later
Joeboy

More about : video lcd

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 3:31:09 AM

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:14:28 +0200, "Joeboy" <joedb@webmail.co.za> spewed forth
these words of wisdom:

>Hi
>I'm looking for a decent flat screen to link to PS2. The locals tell me that
>I need a LCD with a S-video input, i.e. it will have to be a TC-LCD as we
>(rather than just a PC LCD). Being an ignoramus on this issue, what is the
>way to go?
>Until later
>Joeboy

Are you looking for an LCD TV or a PC monitor? Sony makes a new 17" widescreen
PC monitor that also supports HDTV. It has 1280 x 768 resolution with both
component and S-video inputs. If their 19" model was widescreen, I would've
jumped on it. The 17-incher is reasonably priced at $599.99.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/...

Galley
April 11, 2005 6:58:13 PM

>Are you looking for an LCD TV or a PC monitor? Sony makes a new 17" widescreen
>PC monitor that also supports HDTV. It has 1280 x 768 resolution with both
>component and S-video inputs. If their 19" model was widescreen, I would've
>jumped on it. The 17-incher is reasonably priced at $599.99.
>
>http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/...

Any LCD monitor does HDTV. You need a hdtv tuner.

btw, ps2 games aren't written in VGA, so they kind of look fuzzy on an
LCD monitor.....also have to do something about sound.
!