Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Carrying Jabra 250

Tags:
Last response: in Technologies
Share
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:15:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

My Jabra 250 came with some kind of cryptic looking clip that I
assume is supposed to facilitate carrying it around when it
isn't on your ear. Haven't figured out how to use it.
Instruction brochure doesn't mention it.

Anyone figure out a good way to have it handy when it isn't in
place? Although it has about grown onto my head, I think wearing
it all the time in public is kinda dorky (my 13 year old
daughter agrees strongly - but everything I do is kinda dorky to
her).

I usually slip it in a shirt pocket or over the collar on t-
shirts with the short end outside the cloth.
Anyone come up with something better?

--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer

More about : carrying jabra 250

June 27, 2005 5:15:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:15:55 GMT, Poseur
<julioYODUDEcastaneda@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My Jabra 250 came with some kind of cryptic looking clip that I
>assume is supposed to facilitate carrying it around when it
>isn't on your ear. Haven't figured out how to use it.
>Instruction brochure doesn't mention it.

No huge mystery there. The charging stand where you put the Jabra to
recharge it has a belt clip on it. I've never used mine and instead
use a spare phone pouch for it. The only disadvantage is that the ear
piece gets bent away from normal position and I'll have to "fix" it
before I can put it in my ear again. Aside from that wearing
anything on your belt like a phone case/pouch from a fashion point is
considered tacky, but I suppose it would be considered tacky to have a
phone bulge in your front pocket so someone could say "Is that a
cellphone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" At least
the Jabra is somewhat discrete even though some people who have never
seen a BT headset will ask you if that's for your iPod/Walkman or
whatever. I find in my circle of 'geeky' friends only two other
people regularly wear theirs. I've gotten to the point that the next
mobile handset I buy has to have BT capability or I just won't buy it.
>
>Anyone figure out a good way to have it handy when it isn't in
>place? Although it has about grown onto my head, I think wearing
>it all the time in public is kinda dorky (my 13 year old
>daughter agrees strongly - but everything I do is kinda dorky to
>her).

- -
June 27, 2005 9:25:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Joseph wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:15:55 GMT, Poseur
> <julioYODUDEcastaneda@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>>My Jabra 250 came with some kind of cryptic looking clip that I
>>assume is supposed to facilitate carrying it around when it
>>isn't on your ear. Haven't figured out how to use it.
>>Instruction brochure doesn't mention it.
>
>
> No huge mystery there. The charging stand where you put the Jabra to
> recharge it has a belt clip on it. I've never used mine and instead
> use a spare phone pouch for it. The only disadvantage is that the ear
> piece gets bent away from normal position and I'll have to "fix" it
> before I can put it in my ear again. Aside from that wearing
> anything on your belt like a phone case/pouch from a fashion point is
> considered tacky, but I suppose it would be considered tacky to have a
> phone bulge in your front pocket so someone could say "Is that a
> cellphone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" At least
> the Jabra is somewhat discrete even though some people who have never
> seen a BT headset will ask you if that's for your iPod/Walkman or
> whatever. I find in my circle of 'geeky' friends only two other
> people regularly wear theirs. I've gotten to the point that the next
> mobile handset I buy has to have BT capability or I just won't buy it.
>
>>Anyone figure out a good way to have it handy when it isn't in
>>place? Although it has about grown onto my head, I think wearing
>>it all the time in public is kinda dorky (my 13 year old
>>daughter agrees strongly - but everything I do is kinda dorky to
>>her).
>
>
> - -
>

Thanks for your reply, now I also know how to use it -- never noticed
those small indentations on the charger that holds it in place! However,
I do not intend to use it attached to my belt, and since it's not
designed to clamp around a woman's purse strap, what do the ladies do
with it other than pack it around in their purse.

Until a small container or bag is discovered I'm using a Zip Lock bag and
it mainly lives in a a box between the car seats, or in my pocket along
with the cell phone. Have just ordered a bag for the cell phone, but
haven't found anything suitable for a BT headset. Who is going to be the
first to bring that to market?

Miles
Related resources
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:46:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:0u40c1drn6436g7fg30lch77nmev8ldcls@4ax.com:

> No huge mystery there. The charging stand where you put
> the Jabra to recharge it has a belt clip on it. I've never
> used mine and instead use a spare phone pouch for it. The
> only disadvantage is that the ear piece gets bent away from
> normal position and I'll have to "fix" it before I can put
> it in my ear again.
Duh...Thanks!

> I've gotten to the
> point that the next mobile handset I buy has to have BT
> capability or I just won't buy it.
Amen to that.
--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer
June 28, 2005 5:37:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

LOL....I use to get the same reaction from people, but, they
know I'm a techno-geek, so they just take it in stride now.
I pretty much wear mine 8-10 hours a day.


Although it has about grown onto my head, I think wearing
>it all the time in public is kinda dorky (my 13 year old
>daughter agrees strongly - but everything I do is kinda dorky to
>her).
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 5:07:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Someone really should have hit on that , I agree. Problem is, whoever does,
will enjoy about 2 weeks of FAME before every overseas phone pouch maker
starts making one and selling on EBAY for $5 and shipping. Best thing is to
locate a small universal Phone carry Pouch. Most phones that are Small to
medium, especially what they call Candy bar style, will have a case with a
flap that would hold a unit the size of a Jabro 200-250 and the smaller ones
would hold say a Moto 810-820-850.


"Miles" <mileschap@REMOVEMEpacbell.net> wrote in message
news:EEWve.369$0V3.22@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> Joseph wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:15:55 GMT, Poseur
> > <julioYODUDEcastaneda@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>My Jabra 250 came with some kind of cryptic looking clip that I
> >>assume is supposed to facilitate carrying it around when it
> >>isn't on your ear. Haven't figured out how to use it.
> >>Instruction brochure doesn't mention it.
> >
> >
> > No huge mystery there. The charging stand where you put the Jabra to
> > recharge it has a belt clip on it. I've never used mine and instead
> > use a spare phone pouch for it. The only disadvantage is that the ear
> > piece gets bent away from normal position and I'll have to "fix" it
> > before I can put it in my ear again. Aside from that wearing
> > anything on your belt like a phone case/pouch from a fashion point is
> > considered tacky, but I suppose it would be considered tacky to have a
> > phone bulge in your front pocket so someone could say "Is that a
> > cellphone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" At least
> > the Jabra is somewhat discrete even though some people who have never
> > seen a BT headset will ask you if that's for your iPod/Walkman or
> > whatever. I find in my circle of 'geeky' friends only two other
> > people regularly wear theirs. I've gotten to the point that the next
> > mobile handset I buy has to have BT capability or I just won't buy it.
> >
> >>Anyone figure out a good way to have it handy when it isn't in
> >>place? Although it has about grown onto my head, I think wearing
> >>it all the time in public is kinda dorky (my 13 year old
> >>daughter agrees strongly - but everything I do is kinda dorky to
> >>her).
> >
> >
> > - -
> >
>
> Thanks for your reply, now I also know how to use it -- never noticed
> those small indentations on the charger that holds it in place! However,
> I do not intend to use it attached to my belt, and since it's not
> designed to clamp around a woman's purse strap, what do the ladies do
> with it other than pack it around in their purse.
>
> Until a small container or bag is discovered I'm using a Zip Lock bag and
> it mainly lives in a a box between the car seats, or in my pocket along
> with the cell phone. Have just ordered a bag for the cell phone, but
> haven't found anything suitable for a BT headset. Who is going to be the
> first to bring that to market?
>
> Miles
!