Cant get my wireless to see my wired network shares

Windows 7 wireless on my laptop. Windows Vista Ultimate on 2 wired pc's. I cannot get to any of the shared media on either of the 2 wired pc's. Using a linksys E2000 router, and have tried every setting in the router and on my laptop network and sharing center that I can think of with no luck. I have tried both in and out of a windows homegroup.
3 answers Last reply
More about cant wireless wired network shares
  1. are they all on the same Workgroup name?

have you tried disabling the Vista firewalls?
  2. All on the same workgroup name; thought i had all firewalls off but will have to double check them. I know I have added "everyone" as a user with access to these shares and given full permission to that user as well; aside from Vista firewalls any other ideas?
  3. Not sure why it made any difference, but I changed my wireless network from being a mix of B,G, and N signals, to only G and all the sudden all the wired computers show up on the network just fine with proper access to all the shared media as it should be. I might look into a firmware upgrade to my router as having wireless - N capability is part of the reason I got it. Will post again if a firmware upgrade changes anything.
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Wireless Laptops Windows Vista Routers Networking