Sign in with
Your question

ASUS G74SX new SSD + OEM HDD

January 12, 2013 6:17:06 AM

Working on a ASUS G74SX (not at the computer can't get more complete info right now)

I removed the original HDD, then installed the SSD in to bay zero where the original was at. All went well, installed the OS with no problems, then I made a bad choice when modding the registry and had to do a reinstall. At this time it would no longer boot from the Disk. So I had to change the boot order in the Bios, (I know right) anyway now the DATA partition on the stock drive shows in BIOS, all of it's partitions show in windows, and it will boot to original drive using ESC at boot then choosing it.. What I can't do and what I need to do is get access to the drive in Windows. I can see the DATA partition in windows explorer, I can see the OS partition in the management console. I can't do anything but change the drive letter. The first few minutes before I messed up the REG file, I could see the original drive and open all the files. It had to have been the changes to BIOS to boot the DVD at startup that is giving me fits now. I can't add anything to the BOOT portion of BIOS.

Any help would be great, I was thinking maybe if I put the stock drive back in bay 0 and then swap them back that I could get BIOS to give me the 3 boot options again. Thoughts, or fixes to this would be great...

More about : asus g74sx ssd oem hdd

!