Samsung VH242H W/ GTX-580 - Random black screen

aliasxneo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Greetings,

I just recently purchased a gaming rig and built it last night. The actual computer started up flawlessly the first boot, however the first thing I noticed was that the monitor would start to flicker and then go black after awhile.

I pushed through windows installation and now have a stable setup, however the problem still persists (with appropriate drivers installed). The timing of the blackouts is completely erratic. Sometimes it will black out when Windows starts up, sometimes once explorer starts up, or sometimes if I just leave it on for awhile.

The monitor still has power, and it does not complain about not receiving a signal. I'm currently using the mini-HDMI to HDMI cable that came with the graphics cards and an HDMI cable to hook that up to the monitor. Normally when a signal is not received, it will have a blue screen stating so, however this is not the case.

Turning off the monitor, and then turning it back on solves the issue. It starts back up and displays properly again.

I truly have no idea where to start with this problem. In the research I have done thus far the only problem I've seen other people have is it going black and then coming back on a few seconds later, which is not the case with my problem.

Any ideas, suggestions, or insights are welcomed. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS