PS2 online and firewall

Tor

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

Hi,
since introducing a new broadband router with integrated firewall, I have
not been online with my PS2.

Does anybody know which port(s) I need to open in the firewall to allow PS2
online to work?

-Tor

My router has a firewall and I've never had any problems or had to free
up any ports. I'm using a Linksys.

Tor got up from the bar and shouted: :
> Hi,
> since introducing a new broadband router with integrated firewall, I have
> not been online with my PS2.
>
> Does anybody know which port(s) I need to open in the firewall to allow PS2
> online to work?
>
> -Tor

Put it in the DMZ, it will work with anything..

Tor wrote:
> Hi,
> since introducing a new broadband router with integrated firewall, I have
> not been online with my PS2.
>
> Does anybody know which port(s) I need to open in the firewall to allow PS2
> online to work?
>
> -Tor

Depends on the game you want to use. You can check a small list at:
http://www.us.playstation.com/support.aspx?id=installation/networkadaptor/415013907.html

Try checking the support site fot the other games you are trying to use.

Hope this helps a bit :)