mrtesseract

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hello people. Have ordered everything i need to get my new computer up and running! I started ordering stuff on November 24th and the last of my stuff should arrive on December 6th. It may then take me a few days to get it built since i do work all of next week. I bought almost everything from newegg (all except my processor). Do you usually wait until you make sure all the components in your system are running before you send out your rebates or do you just send them out right away?

Here is my system (all prices are after rebate promo code or gift card):
NXZT Phantom case in exclusive black/orange newegg colors $70
Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W PSU $30
G. Skills ripjaw x series ram 1600 (4x4gb) $50
ASROCK Extreme 3 z68 Motherboard $105
Asus dvdrw CD Drive $5
Windows 7 home premium OEM $80
Intel i5-2500k $180
Cooler Master 212+ CPU cooler $15
Intel 320 series 80gb hard drive $70
HP 2311x 23'' LED Monitor $80

Total $595

Will eventually get a graphics card. I have a fairly new asus 5450hd that i could use but should i be using integrated instead until i can find the right card to buy?

Solution
I waited until I knew that all of the components were working. You can't get a refund for a product once you mail out the upc.

Edit: you got some good deals :)

mrtesseract

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Thank you, still spent more than i wanted but i am happy (as long as the system boots when i press that power button!). Okay i should have plenty of time to get my system up before i send out those rebates. So it will take some strain off of my cpu if i use that 5450hd graphics card right? Also i am not hurting my system by using too much ram am i? Or the fact that it is 1600 speed? Are there any extra cables i am going to need when building or does everything really come with what i need?

mrtesseract

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
i am using a dimension 4700 right now that is about 5 years old. I got the 5450 for $15 after rebate and it has worked pretty good for counterstrike source for the past few months. I did not purchase it specifically for this build. I am going to hold off on buying a good gpu until i find the right one for the right price. sooo... will it take some strain off of my cpu if i use that 5450hd graphics card right? Also i am not hurting my system by using too much ram am i? Or the fact that it is 1600 speed? Are there any extra cables i am going to need when building or does everything really come with what i need?