New build using some parts from other system

Stovaotri

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Right now I have a stock Dell XPS 8300- Win7, i5-2400, Radeon 5450, 1TB HDD, 6GB RAM. I am looking to reuse the processor and Hard drive in my new build which includes- Asus P8Z68-V pro, Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and a Galaxy Geforce 580.

I know it should all be able to go together and should work but my only worry is having to do with my HDD, is there anything I should disable, activate or delete before I put my new PC together or should I just wait and see then deside what to do? Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated!

(I'm a little new to this so please be patient :D)

Solution
I think you are probably spending too much on the power supply . 650 - 700 watts is fine for a single GTX 580

And yes if you do have problems with the operating system you can just by a Windows 7 64 bit OEM disk and reformat the machine with that and then install from it

Stovaotri

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Well say Dell's OEM doesn't work, if I just buy win 7 again do you think there will be any other problems?

I think you are probably spending too much on the power supply . 650 - 700 watts is fine for a single GTX 580

And yes if you do have problems with the operating system you can just by a Windows 7 64 bit OEM disk and reformat the machine with that and then install from it

Solution

Stovaotri

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Well I was thinking about OC eventually and I wanted a little bit of play with the wattage.

Thanks for your help, it really put my mind at ease....well a little bit anyway lol.