Enter password at startup

I had to re-install the OS. How do I set up my PC to
require a password before gaining access to the PC. I am
running Windows XP.

"lpmak03" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:a63c01c487d5$7c4dbdf0$a501280a@phx.gbl...> I had to re-install the OS.
How do I set up my PC to
> require a password before gaining access to the PC. I am
> running Windows XP.

Where do you want it to ask for the password? Do you want the prompt in
Windows? If so then you will need to create a password for your account.
You can do this using the User Accounts object in the Control Panel.

If you want a password prompt before Windows even loads then you will
need to set one in your BIOS.

--
Alec S.
alec <@> synetech <.> cjb <.> net

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:20:45 -0700, "lpmak03"

>I had to re-install the OS. How do I set up my PC to
>require a password before gaining access to the PC. I am
>running Windows XP.

If you want Windows security you can go into the user manager and
assign a password.

If you want bootup security look in your CMOS settings for User
Password. This will allow your computer to require a password for
bootup.

---Atreju---

Hi,

Click on control panel > user accounts and select your account. Assign a password to your account. You will
automatically be prompted for a password next time you log-off or restart your PC.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"lpmak03" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a63c01c487d5$7c4dbdf0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>I had to re-install the OS. How do I set up my PC to
> require a password before gaining access to the PC. I am
> running Windows XP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts