Sign in with
Your question

Problems with the USB ports

Last response: in Motherboards
January 12, 2013 1:45:23 PM

Hello everyone!

So i've posted long time ago about a problem that I have with my mobo which is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

The problem is that only 2 out of the 6 USB ports I have at the back work..
I have to use a USB hub to connect all my devices.. and i'm afraid that maybe some of my devices are not getting the speed they need through the hub.

Iv'e tried reinstalling the drivers, tried looking in the BIOS, reseted my CMOS and BIOS settings nothing worked..

My system is:

Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.4
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Galaxy geforce gtx 670
1 Hitachi 500GB SATA 2 and 1 Samsung 500GB SATA2
G.Skill RipJawz 2x4 GB 1600MHZ.
InWin 600W PSU
CMStorm Enerforcer

My devices are:

Razer Mamba
Razer BlackWidow
Blue Snowball Microphone
My Network wireless adapter
My Printer

More about : problems usb ports

a c 102 V Motherboard
January 12, 2013 3:06:20 PM

Did you install both the VIA and Intel USB 3.0 drivers?

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...

edit: and did you follow this caveat -- "Due to a Windows 7 limitation, please connect your USB device(s) to the Intel controlled USB port(s) (located below the RJ-45 LAN port) before the VIA USB 3.0 controller driver is installed." If not, disconnect everything, uninstall the VIA drivers and reinstall with a live device attached as instructed.
m
l
January 12, 2013 5:25:30 PM

RealBeast said:
Did you install both the VIA and Intel USB 3.0 drivers?

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...

edit: and did you follow this caveat -- "Due to a Windows 7 limitation, please connect your USB device(s) to the Intel controlled USB port(s) (located below the RJ-45 LAN port) before the VIA USB 3.0 controller driver is installed." If not, disconnect everything, uninstall the VIA drivers and reinstall with a live device attached as instructed.

I tried installing the driver, but didn't with the method you mentioned, I will try it tommorow and get back to you, thanks for the help. ;) 
m
l
!