Closed Solved

Finalization on Gaming Build under 600

I'm hoping for this to be my last on my build, you guys have been a huge help and i just want to make sure everything i have is alright.

COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black Computer Case

ASRock A55 PRO3 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz Socket AM3 Quad-Core Desktop Processor

HIS Radeon HD 6770 H677FN1GD Video Card with Eyefinity

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Retail

Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power Power Supply

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM

With regards to the dvd burner, could i just use one from my old computer? it might be too old or does it matter?

also will all these parts work fine togethor for gaming and such?

Thanks a bunch
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about finalization gaming build
  1. Best answer
    Not gonna work...your motherboard is socket FM1, and the CPU is socket AM3. The components doesn't fit. You'll need either an AM3 or AM3+ motherboard (Backwards compatible). I would recommend using an AM3+ because it is much more upgrade able.
    This MoBo will fit the bill:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131734

Also, you can save some money on the case by going with the NZXT Gamma $36
    http://www.amazon.com/GAMMA-Classic-Interior-Chassis-Black/dp/B002UDK9U6
    and using the $35 saved to buy a Radeon 6850, which is 2 steps up from the 6770.
  2. Best answer selected by lavalamp21.
  3. I would not recommend getting AM3 Motherboards, I would recommend you get AM3+ because it allows you to upgrade to a Bulldozer CPU in the future. Even if you're like "I'm never going to upgrade to bulldozer" I would still get it, you never know when you might change your mind...It's cheaper in the long run if you buy an AM3+ now than buying one later.

EDIT: Also, the AM3 motherboard you chose doesn't say it supports DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM, might want to check that out first.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product