I am using i5 750. i am not a gamer. i usually convert hd videos and do multi ta

parmeet01

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i am using i5 750. i am not a gamer. i usually convert hd videos and do multi tasking.I want to upgrade my pc kindly help me to choose from fx 8150 or 2500k

G

right now the i5 2500k is a bit more cost efficient and depending on what software you use to convert vidoes is a better performer, especially if it enables quick sync.

and if you are using quick sync, it would be better to wait for ivy bridge, because if you read the article o1die linked you'll see some spectacular gains there in the upcoming releases.

though you could start looking and telling what your budget will be is a help.

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
Looniam is spot on. Even if you wanted to go AMD sadly the 8150 is a waste since the 8120 can easily be OCed on the stock cooler to match the 8150. Even at the 8120 price the 2500k still gives a better price to performance ratio.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
always wait. It's the internet version of the FASTEST. The longer you wait, the faster your question will be solved with processing power. They want you to buy old tech, no...wait, buy last years tech. There has been improvements, their search engine hasen't returned results. The longer you wait, the more the next technology will seem like an improvement. These guys will tell someone who has a AMD 7950 to wait until the 8930 to buy. Buy what you need. Newer is better, but the internet stays the same.

Reality: Buy what is fastest and within your budget at the time. I didn't really need to tell you that, did I? Fine, consider this research and ask a more specific question about processors.

You should just overclock your cpu and then start saving up for a much nicer build with all the goodies to indulge your self on. I got the i5 760 and when you push that chip to around 3.4ghz or higher which is only a very mild overclock it becomes rather comfortable to use compared to stock.

^+1