a c 203 à CPUs
March 8, 2012 10:02:28 AM

Hello Ramish;

Better... for what?
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2012 10:02:38 AM

depending on your usage, if it is just a multimedia system then the Llano is a good setup and cost effective, if you want to game then the i3 is better. For a whole lot of everyday normal things like browsing the web, posting on TH then they are the same (but the price isn't)
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2012 10:12:27 AM

Again it comes down to purpose, the Llano has a defined purpose, the i3 is really a low grade intel Sandybridge processor made sort of affordable (ie: low end chip), if you are not doing anything more than multimedia, vids, music, using office and extremely light gaming then the Llano is purpose built. The i3 needs a system built around it, which will rack up the price.
m
l
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2012 11:45:07 AM

an i3 is NOT a low end sandy bridge chip, that would be a celeron or pentium. the i3 s a an entry level chip and beats any A6 in everything but skipping out on the bar tab.
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2012 12:52:47 PM

Entry level implies low end, and if you haven't noticed the OP hasn't specified his usage, if its multimedia a A6 according to anandtechs godly benchmarks is very copious and somewhat better at, and you don't need a discrete card badam tish saving you cash. If it is for gaming and you read properly you would see I said a i3 is better, that is if the fanboy specticles didn't put you off.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
March 8, 2012 1:07:02 PM

Also take in to account the i3 has an upgrade path while the A6 is in a dead end FM1 socket.
m
l
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2012 11:02:42 PM

sarinaide said:
Entry level implies low end,

no.

low end implies crap, junk, utterly useless except under low requirements/needs.

entry level implies upward mobility, a start, sufficient for now.

google that ol'e dragon tongue.

and btw, fanboism isn't when someone just states their preference.

maybe you should take your own advice and clean off your testicles . . . . . . . i mean spectacles . .
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 9, 2012 5:17:48 AM

Anonymous said:
no.

low end implies crap, junk, utterly useless except under low requirements/needs.

entry level implies upward mobility, a start, sufficient for now.

google that ol'e dragon tongue.

and btw, fanboism isn't when someone just states their preference.

maybe you should take your own advice and clean off your testicles . . . . . . . i mean spectacles . .

You are a fanboy for one, you advanced your i3 preference when depending on what the OP is going to use it for, a Llano may very well cater for the need adequately, as soon as you saw a AMD processor being compared to a Intel, there was abolutely no doubt you were going to pedel the intel suggestion regardless of circumstances, you are purely a fanboy.

Sorry to say but your setup is low end/entry level, whatever way you slice it. It implies the market spectrum where the end users cannot afford or lower price is more than adequate for the end users needs, in fact entry level is poorly suited to the PC industry as its deriving from the employment sector, low end is the correct term for budget builds.

Consider this the last response.
m
l
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 9, 2012 6:08:50 AM

sarinaide said:
You are a fanboy for one, you advanced your i3 preference when depending on what the OP is going to use it for, a Llano may very well cater for the need adequately, as soon as you saw a AMD processor being compared to a Intel, there was abolutely no doubt you were going to pedel the intel suggestion regardless of circumstances, you are purely a fanboy.

Sorry to say but your setup is low end/entry level, whatever way you slice it. It implies the market spectrum where the end users cannot afford or lower price is more than adequate for the end users needs, in fact entry level is poorly suited to the PC industry as its deriving from the employment sector, low end is the correct term for budget builds.

Consider this the last response.

obviously you neglect to see the times i advice a llano when integrated graphics are inquired. your distaste for fanboism is causing you to erroneously accuse anyone of it because they don't advance your own beliefs.

case in point; this thread, please point out where i advised anything with out knowing the applications involved? i only corrected you on your misnomer. but now somehow i am an i3 fanboi simply because it is in my rig?

clean off your spectacles get a dictionary and understand the difference between denotative and connotative. but above all, are you seeing what you think your seeing?

m
l
!