Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can someone please look at this?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
December 4, 2011 3:11:45 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Buy December 7th

Budget Range: 900-1000 after/before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Watching Movies, Gaming, Editing Videos, Internet Surfing, etc

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS Win 7 64bit

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country: (e.g.: India) United States

Parts Preferences: Reliable ones

Overclocking: Most likely no..

SLI or Crossfire: Most likely no..

Monitor Resolution: If i go with this monitor either, 1600x900 or 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Want a computer that can game

Here is my parts that i am settling on unless you can supply better and cheaper ones...

CPU: i5 2500k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $209.99
GPU: EVGA GTX 560
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $199.00 $189.99 after rebate
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $64.99 $49.99 after rebate
MOBO: MSI P67A-G43 p67
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $114.99 94.99 after rebate
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $41.99 looking for better deal
Case: U-3 Challenger
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $59.99
HDD: 500gb Hitachi
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $89.99 looking for better price
Blue-Ray Rom:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $57.99
Monitor:
Either
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $89.99
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $179.99 159.99 after rebate plus 20 dollars off instantly

Please tell me what you think, and if you know any better deals don't be afraid to post them

Total price after rebates $909.92

More about : question

December 4, 2011 3:30:11 PM

pleasee
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 3:34:32 PM

imo not the best mobo
and if u want to game u need better GPU
see if u have microcenter close by
m
0
l
Related resources
December 4, 2011 6:15:16 PM

what is imo not the best mobo? i don't get what "imo" is?
I heard that this was a decent gpu. I am not planning on hardcore gaming though, just here and there.
I do not have a microcenter
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 6:21:34 PM

A HD 6850 card is both cheaper than a GTX 560 and better than it.
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 6:34:14 PM

As for the cpu, why is the link going to an i5-2500? An i5-2500 is different from an i5-2500K (K is much better though, as you can overclock it)

And "imo" stands for "in my opinion"

edit: misread your post and editing something out. sorry if you misread my post
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 6:38:48 PM

TheRedStorm said:
As for the cpu, why is the link going to an i5-2500? An i5-2500 is different from an i5-2500K (K is much better though, as you can overclock it)

And "imo" stands for "in my opinion"

edit: misread your post and editing something out. sorry if you misread my post

thanks for the imo hahha i know will be using that.
as for the "K" i don't know if i plan on overclocking... i am not even sure what it is, i said i may look into it in the future and yes i did make a mistake there.
Do you think its worth the extra 10 dollars?
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 6:39:16 PM

Raiddinn said:
A HD 6850 card is both cheaper than a GTX 560 and better than it.

are you sure about that i heard the 560 is a lot better.
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 6:47:16 PM

$900 is tough as there's a significant quality / performance increase at $1,025 .....

CPU - Wrong link, correct CPU is +$10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GFX - I'd upgrade to the 560 Ti (900Mhz) ..... gets 496 fps in Guru3D game test suite as single card, 862 in SLI. Regarding the above, the 6850 gets 371 fps in Guru3D game test suite as single card, 634 in SLI.....+$40

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU - I';d want better, and I'd want something that could do a 2nd card later on
$60 XFX Core Edition 650 $60 for single card / 850 watter for SLI $90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Given budget limitations, I think ya gotta go with the 650

Case - +$10 for the Antec Illusion
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Monitor is fine

RAM - better set for $2 less
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MoBo - Here's where I crush ya budget w/ a +$65
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 6:57:12 PM

OK

Get the Asus monitor as it supports a higher res and its bigger believe me whats the point of this hardware if it does not shine.

CPU i great +1 on that

The graphics card is kinda a decent choice but the 6870 is the same price and IS faster but not by much. Really i'd say get the 560 TI or get a Amd 6950 for 240$

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_56...


PSU, Personally i'm a Antec fan but xfx should do.

The rest is good.


m
0
l
December 4, 2011 7:01:23 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
$900 is tough as there's a significant quality / performance increase at $1,025 .....

CPU - Wrong link, correct CPU is +$10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GFX - I'd upgrade to the 560 Ti (900Mhz) ..... gets 496 fps in Guru3D game test suite as single card, 862 in SLI. Regarding the above, the 6850 gets 371 fps in Guru3D game test suite as single card, 634 in SLI.....+$40

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU - I';d want better, and I'd want something that could do a 2nd card later on
$60 XFX Core Edition 650 $60 for single card / 850 watter for SLI $90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Given budget limitations, I think ya gotta go with the 650

Case - +$10 for the Antec Illusion
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Monitor is fine

RAM - better set for $2 less
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MoBo - Here's where I crush ya budget w/ a +$65
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


okay i am most likely stick with the 560 because if i ever decided to get a second GPU (which i probably won't i will go for a new PSU)
i originally had the Ti but i realized that that 560 was less money and only a little bit less of performance.
yes i know i put the wrong link to the CPU.
But second looking at the 650 psu after rebates its cheaper than the on i have now..... so that looks like i might swap those around
The case looks nice, but i am looking for case that has usb 3.0 in the front, any suggestions please leave them
I am going with the ram that you suggested, they look better and are cheaper.
I am gonna have to pass on the MOBO hahaha

m
0
l
December 4, 2011 7:19:12 PM

Well, everyone does their own benchmarking with this and that programs, but I think that the 6850 is at least right there even with a 560 if not a little ahead and for $150 instead of $180.

The same for the 6950 vs the 560 TI. I would say the 6950 has more performance for the same $230.

I would definitely pay the extra $10 or $20 for a 2500k instead of a 2500 if it were me as well.
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 7:31:20 PM

Raiddinn said:
Well, everyone does their own benchmarking with this and that programs, but I think that the 6850 is at least right there even with a 560 if not a little ahead and for $150 instead of $180.

The same for the 6950 vs the 560 TI. I would say the 6950 has more performance for the same $230.

I would definitely pay the extra $10 or $20 for a 2500k instead of a 2500 if it were me as well.


Its everyone own opinion, yeah i am definitely going to get the 2500k.
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 2:44:29 AM

6870 is on par with 560 as 6950 with 560 ti. Also 560ti will own 6950 when oced
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 4:31:11 AM

Also if looking for good mobo check out asus maximus iv gene-z. only $169 @newegg and is a z 68 board with easy overclocking software. just click the button. I am an nvidea man myself and have only ever used two radeon cards, both just long enough to realize they were useless and pitch them in the trash. Just my experience, not probably the norm.
The market research says now that nvidea has the very best cards if you want to spend over a grand, but I hear that in the mid range, like where your looking radeon pulls ahead in price vs. performance.
Again as an nvidea guy I have asus 560ti and love it. I have a 20 in. wide screen like your pictured above with a 1600x900 res. and I think my card out performs it. Seriously do you really want to pay an extra $100 dollars for 1 more inch of screen. I like the smaller monitors as I am sitting right in front of the damn thing and hate having to look back and forth like on a large screen. so imo I would get the smaller monitor and save 100 bucks.
Get the asus mobo either the one pictured earlier or the one I mentioned with the i5-2500k, and put the 100 bucks saved on the monitor towards a 560 ti nvidea (again an Asus model for the warrantee). You might also save on ram by not picking ram with the useless heatsinks on it. The newer lower latency ddr3 rams dont overheat as bad any way . The Ti version shouldn't cost the whole $100 and you can use the rest to help with the better mobo

Also if buying the asus 560ti get dcII and dont buy the overclocked version as you can easily overclock with software provided...(smart doctor)

Quote: If you dont have time to do it right the first time..How will you ever find time to go back and fix it?!?
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 5:01:04 AM

Im gaming on a 50" tv and I love it
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 5:33:48 AM

madchemist83 said:
Im gaming on a 50" tv and I love it



Cool
m
0
l
!