Xbox 2 vs PS3

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Which one will you prefer to buy?
23 answers Last reply
More about xbox
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    You're a retard.

    - Cryo
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    I prefer to pass on both and invest in a life for you because you are
    lacking one.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    Neither.
    I purchasing both on their launch days, multiples actually.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Piyush Nawathe wrote:
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    Depends on the games for me. This generation that meant a Dreamcast
    first, an Xbox second, a Gamecube third and the PS2 a distant, distant
    fourth.

    Last time it was a PS1 first, N64 second and Saturn a distant third.

    I have no trouble blowing money on hardware as long as there's decent
    software to merit it.

    - Jordan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Piyush Nawathe wrote:

    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    oh let me see... hmmmm, posted in an xbox group AND a ps2 group? The
    answer is obvious to users of each machine so as trolls go this is
    pretty lame
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look

    Piyush Nawathe wrote:
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    I prefer not to buy anything that is, at this state, imaginary.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    Wow, you should get a medal for starting one of the earliest NEXT GEN
    preference related flame wars.

    Twat.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    If what I hear about the Xbox not having a built in Hard Drive and only a
    standard DVD drive then it's likely going to be just a PS3 for me. I own
    both an Xbox and PS2 now.

    --
    Jeremy Lawson

    "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Since we will proabably have a year between the two releases, I will be
    getting both.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Tuesday.

    --
    malberto - XBL: "Art Vandolay"

    "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Xbox not having a built in hard drive... Real smart move there. Can
    anyone confirm this? Is there anything beyond rumors?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 aether <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Xbox not having a built in hard drive... Real smart move there. Can
    > anyone confirm this? Is there anything beyond rumors?

    Nothing yet. One of the rumors says that there will be multiple models of
    the Xbox console - one low-end model with no HD, and one with the HD. The
    HD could also be an add-on, like the PS2 one.

    Microsoft is supposed to reveal the Xbox360 on May 12th, so we'll see what
    they do on that day.

    On 11 Apr 2005 13:43:50 -0700, "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote:
    >Which one will you prefer to buy?

    It depends on the games released for both, so for me, there are no valid
    arguments for owning either at this point. The quality of a game almost always
    goes down when it goes from 'in development' to 'released', with the only
    difference being "by how much?". So what's supposedly in the works now is
    irrelevant. All I can say is that I might get a XBox 2 at some point before or
    after the PS3 is released, and I may or may not eventually get a PS3.

    --
    I've gone to look for myself. If I should get back before I return, keep me here!
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1113252230.711128.5660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
    > Which one will you prefer to buy?

    I'm not buying anything until I see some games
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Boody Bandit wrote:
    > "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Which one will you prefer to buy?
    >

    > Neither.
    > I purchasing both on their launch days, multiples actually.

    Please let me know how many you're buying boody, so I can buy one more
    of each than you...I'm da coolest :)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Which one will you prefer to buy?
    >>

    >> Neither.
    >> I purchasing both on their launch days, multiples actually.
    > Please let me know how many you're buying boody, so I can buy one more of
    > each than you...I'm da coolest :)

    I have 2 teenage gamers, myself, 3 floors to cover and I'm lazy.
    That's why I purchase multiple systems, that's my story and I'm sticking to
    it.
    Besides, it's not good for the system to constantly unhook it and move it
    around
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    malberto wrote:
    > Tuesday.

    lol
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Boody Bandit wrote:
    > "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Boody Bandit wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>Neither.
    >>>I purchasing both on their launch days, multiples actually.
    >>
    >>Please let me know how many you're buying boody, so I can buy one more of
    >>each than you...I'm da coolest :)
    >

    > I have 2 teenage gamers, myself, 3 floors to cover and I'm lazy.
    > That's why I purchase multiple systems, that's my story and I'm sticking to
    > it.
    > Besides, it's not good for the system to constantly unhook it and move it
    > around

    That last excuse won't fly for the PSP.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Grinder wrote:
    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >
    >> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

    >>> Please let me know how many you're buying boody, so I can buy one
    >>> more of each than you...I'm da coolest :)
    >>

    >> I have 2 teenage gamers, myself, 3 floors to cover and I'm lazy.
    >> That's why I purchase multiple systems, that's my story and I'm
    >> sticking to it.
    >> Besides, it's not good for the system to constantly unhook it and move
    >> it around
    >

    > That last excuse won't fly for the PSP.

    I'm gonnna probably get both but I hate the fact I have to do that. My
    dream (and this is a dream!) would be for someone to reverse engineer
    the PS3 to the point where I quality emulator with no loss of
    performance was made and applied to the xbox :)

    Two systems, One box, quality & simplicity.......ahhhhhhhhhh.....

    In article <kulp51pponqvbqv2m129h40sidlcn952k4@4ax.com>,
    david.oldridge2001_no_longer_valid@rogers.com says...
    > On 11 Apr 2005 13:43:50 -0700, "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >Which one will you prefer to buy?

    The one that can be modded of course.

    Fish! - of Arcadia. wrote:
    > In article <kulp51pponqvbqv2m129h40sidlcn952k4@4ax.com>,
    > david.oldridge2001_no_longer_valid@rogers.com says...
    >
    >>On 11 Apr 2005 13:43:50 -0700, "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Which one will you prefer to buy?
    >>

    > The one that can be modded of course.

    I hear ya there, or which one has the most modding support and cool
    apps! Prolly the xbox cuz Sony has about 50 developers in a cave making
    that cell architecure work;afterwards, they'll kill 'em along with the
    blueprints.Kami-Kaze, HAIL JAPAN!

    In article <S1k7e.2216$bc2.2112@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
    theOneOne@dodgeit.com says...
    > Fish! - of Arcadia. wrote:
    > > In article <kulp51pponqvbqv2m129h40sidlcn952k4@4ax.com>,
    > > david.oldridge2001_no_longer_valid@rogers.com says...

    > > The one that can be modded of course.
    >

    > I hear ya there, or which one has the most modding support and cool
    > apps! Prolly the xbox cuz Sony has about 50 developers in a cave making
    > that cell architecure work;afterwards, they'll kill 'em along with the
    > blueprints.Kami-Kaze, HAIL JAPAN!

    True.

    The Xbox does so much more than just play games, God knows what a
    massively beefier box will enable it to do.

    I may hook a SAN up to it, piss off my Xeries quad processor boxes and
    run VMWARE on it.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Eiji Hayashi wrote:
    > "Piyush Nawathe" <pnawathe@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Which one will you prefer to buy?
    >
    > I'm not buying anything until I see some games

    Thankfully, they don't usually launch a console without at least a few
    games to play on it. ;-)

    --
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!

Console Gaming Video Sony Xbox Games PlayStation Video Games