new browser window

Help! I feel so stupid! I simply cannot find where to
change the settings so when I am looking at more than one
web page, it will open in a new window. It is driving me
crazy to have one window replaced with another. I cannot
toggle back and forth, I have to click back each time.
If my kids are playing a game and I want to check
something else on line, the window replaces what they
were doing and I have to click back several times to get
back to it!
Can anyone tell me where to find the settings to change
this, I have looked EVERYWHERE!

Lynne

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

If you are using Internet Explorer: open IE, click on Tools menu option in
top menu bar. Click on Internet Options, then click on the Advanced tab.
Scroll down and uncheck Reuse Windows For Launching Shortcuts. Each page
will then load in a new/separate window of its own. Hope this is what you
were asking about and that it solves your problem. Lynne

lawnbrundle wrote:
> Help! I feel so stupid! I simply cannot find where to
> change the settings so when I am looking at more than one
> web page, it will open in a new window. It is driving me
> crazy to have one window replaced with another. I cannot
> toggle back and forth, I have to click back each time.
> If my kids are playing a game and I want to check
> something else on line, the window replaces what they
> were doing and I have to click back several times to get
> back to it!
> Can anyone tell me where to find the settings to change
> this, I have looked EVERYWHERE!

The "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" option may not work on every
website, depending on how that website is programmed.

The easiest way to do what you want is to right click the link for the
website you are opening and select Open in new window from the pop up menu.

If you are not clicking a link, start a new instance of IE from the desktop
icon and go to the address from that window.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP