Graphics Card For Gaming - Advice & Tips Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
I'm trying to figure out what I should go with: Asus 6670 GDDR5, XFX 5570 GDDR2 (Or is it GDDR3?), or MSI R5670 GDDR5?

My Rig:

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core

CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR2

DirectX: 11.0

Sound Card: High Definition Audio Device

Power Supply: 600

Graphics Card: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB GDRR2

These are the games I would like to play on my PC.

Dragon Age II

Bulletstorm

Medal of Honor

StarCraft II

Guild Wars 2

Battlefield 3

The Witcher 2

Rage

F.E.A.R. 3

Thanks in advance for the help and advice guys. ^_^

Solution
The 6670 is the best card out of all of those you listed. The 5670 is slightly slower than the 6670. The 5570 is the slowest card, and I would only recommend that card only if you have a very, very weak power supply (something like 250 Watts) What resolution are you going to be playing at? If you are playing at a lower resolution like 1280x1024, the 6670 will perform well in most of these titles, though you will probably have to use reduced details on Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2. If you are playing at a higher resolution, like 1920x1080, you will probably have to run most of those games at reduced detail settings to get an acceptable framerate, especially Witcher 2 and Battlefield 3.

If you are playing at a higher resolution, you may...
The 6670 is the best card out of all of those you listed. The 5670 is slightly slower than the 6670. The 5570 is the slowest card, and I would only recommend that card only if you have a very, very weak power supply (something like 250 Watts) What resolution are you going to be playing at? If you are playing at a lower resolution like 1280x1024, the 6670 will perform well in most of these titles, though you will probably have to use reduced details on Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2. If you are playing at a higher resolution, like 1920x1080, you will probably have to run most of those games at reduced detail settings to get an acceptable framerate, especially Witcher 2 and Battlefield 3.

If you are playing at a higher resolution, you may want to look at something higher than the 6670. Though I can't make any recommendations without knowing more about your power supply (make, model, how many amps on the +12V rail). Your CPU is also rather slow, so a lot of the higher end cards would likely get bottlenecked by your CPU, especially in the more CPU heavy titles (BF3, StarCraft II).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.