Status
Not open for further replies.

lavalamp21

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black Computer Case

AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz Socket AM3 Quad-Core Desktop Processor

HIS Radeon HD 6770 H677FN1GD Video Card with Eyefinity

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Retail

Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power Power Supply

ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM

Does it all work togethor?
how is this build for gaming in mmo's?

Solution
Well here is what I think:
* Case, good and not too expensive. It allows lots of upgrade path and has good cooling and comes with 2 x 120mm cooling fans :)

* CPU, possible unlock to 6 cores! Should work well for just about anything you throw at it and is priced pretty good too!

* GPU is good for the $. If you have more budget I'd go for a 6850 or even the 6870 (of coarse depending on if you have more budget $).

* Mobo, it's good, but I'd rather buy a AM3+ based mobo, so you could upgrade to Bulldozer CPU's later on. I'd also get a mobo w/at least 4 DIMM slots, so you can easily and cheaply upgrade to 8 gb's of RAM later on. I also prefer ATX sized mobo's (leaves more room for upgrades). You don't have to have an ATX sized mobo, but...
Well here is what I think:
* Case, good and not too expensive. It allows lots of upgrade path and has good cooling and comes with 2 x 120mm cooling fans :)

* CPU, possible unlock to 6 cores! Should work well for just about anything you throw at it and is priced pretty good too!

* GPU is good for the $. If you have more budget I'd go for a 6850 or even the 6870 (of coarse depending on if you have more budget $).

* Mobo, it's good, but I'd rather buy a AM3+ based mobo, so you could upgrade to Bulldozer CPU's later on. I'd also get a mobo w/at least 4 DIMM slots, so you can easily and cheaply upgrade to 8 gb's of RAM later on. I also prefer ATX sized mobo's (leaves more room for upgrades). You don't have to have an ATX sized mobo, but this is just my preference.
Here is a mobo that I'd buy if I was buying today. It's AM3+, 4 RAM DIMM's, 6 x SATA 3 (6 Gb/s), 4 USB 2.0 rear ports, 2 USB 3.0 rear ports, etc.
ASUS M5A87 AM3+ AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

* PSU, is a very good choice. It has 2 x 6 pin PCI-e power connectors (1 is 6+2pin), and can support higher end GPU's later if you like :)

* RAM, DVD, & HD all look good too.

If you have a budget and want some more possible tweaking to your build to get possibly some more out of your budget, just let us know. We're here to help :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.