Sabertooth Z77 and i7 3770K - CPU Error LED

Ozziemitch

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hi guys,

Having a bit of a problem with my new parts that I purchased yesterday. No matter what I do, I can't get any signal from my monitors.

I noticed that the red CPU LED is lit, however the CPU is mounted correctly and no pins are bent.

I don't have case audio so I'm not sure if there is a beep or not, however conisdering the CPU light is lit, I assume that it probably isn't posting.

Could I please have some suggestions on how to fix?

I've also already flashed my BIOS to the newest BIOS.

Solution
ozz saw that you found a bent pin. the lock up now is from a drive that had windows on it. the new mb has a newer chipset then the old mb that the drive and windows was installed on. in the bios of your mb..under ai tuner turn on xmp profile it let the ram run at it max speed. under sata chipset make sure it still set to auto/achi mode not raid or ide. you have to use f8 safe mode if you can get into windows. then go into windows system device manager and remove all of the device drivers..ie video card and mb chipset drivers. reboot and windows should boot to the desktop and install some of the drivers. when you get to the desktop use the mb cd and install the intel chipset drivers and the intel 4000 video chipset driver. the rest of...

ozz as i posted in your other thread sounds like the mb is shorted out of the 8 pin power not connected. have you tried bread boarding the mb outside of the case??

Ozziemitch

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Hey Smorizio,

Yeah I have mate. The motherboards not shorting and the 8 pin is connected fine.

ozz saw that you found a bent pin. the lock up now is from a drive that had windows on it. the new mb has a newer chipset then the old mb that the drive and windows was installed on. in the bios of your mb..under ai tuner turn on xmp profile it let the ram run at it max speed. under sata chipset make sure it still set to auto/achi mode not raid or ide. you have to use f8 safe mode if you can get into windows. then go into windows system device manager and remove all of the device drivers..ie video card and mb chipset drivers. reboot and windows should boot to the desktop and install some of the drivers. when you get to the desktop use the mb cd and install the intel chipset drivers and the intel 4000 video chipset driver. the rest of the drivers are the sound..intel ethernet driver and 3 party usb chipset drivers.

Solution