Canon Digital Rebel - Quick Tips

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 30, 2005 11:56:59 AM

I'm renting a Digital Rebel for the weekend and would like to know if
you all had any quick tips - things I should be aware of etc.

I have a Minolta Maxxum 7 (35mm film) SLR and also a Minolta DiMAGE
G400 digital camera.

The store gives a 128 MB CF Card but I have bought a Lexar 512 Mb (High
Speed) just so that I can take enough pictures without needing to dump
to my PC.

- manzoor
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:52:16 PM

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

I found this site to compare digital cameras side by side. You have the
capability to choose each one you want to compare. I was comparing the Fuji
Finepix F10 and the Nikon Coolpix S1, as I am looking for a super small
camera that is fast and has a large viewfinder.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:24:51 PM

"Manzoorul Hassan" <manzoorul.hassan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm renting a Digital Rebel for the weekend and would like to know if
> you all had any quick tips - things I should be aware of etc.

"P" (program) mode is an easy way to get started. You can half-press the
shutter and you will see the aperture and shutter settings in the
viewfinder. If you wish, you can then shift the program by turning the
wheel behind the shutter. You probably already knew this.
May 1, 2005 11:57:49 AM

No, I didn't. Thank you very much for the tip.

- manzoor
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 4:44:56 AM

Charles Schuler <charleschuler@comcast.net> wrote:
>"Manzoorul Hassan" <manzoorul.hassan@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> I'm renting a Digital Rebel for the weekend and would like to know if
>> you all had any quick tips - things I should be aware of etc.
>
>"P" (program) mode is an easy way to get started. You can half-press the
>shutter and you will see the aperture and shutter settings in the
>viewfinder. If you wish, you can then shift the program by turning the
>wheel behind the shutter. You probably already knew this.

When shooting jpeg I got into the habit of setting the exposure
compensation to -1/3 to avoid blown highlights.

Press the AV button on the back and then turn the wheel to adjust.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net