Sign in with
Your question

CoolerMaster 690 II Plus

Last response: in Components
March 8, 2012 3:59:47 PM

Some case question-
Im planning to buy the CoolerMaster 690 II Plus. Im also planning to buy the Corsair Hydro H100. Im also planning to buy an ASUS P8Z68 motherboard. For memory i plan to buy 2x4GB of Corsair Vengeance (high profile ones).

Now the question is, can a H100 fit into the CoolerMaster 690 II Plus with those above components included in? Where should i mount it if it fits-top or bottom?

I know the H100 comes with 2x120mm fan, if i mount it on the top, would it be better intaking or outaking? If i mount it at the bottom is it better intaking or outaking?

Another question, does the CoolerMaster 690 II Plus have "dust filters" already that are able to be taken out and washed/blown off or do i have to buy couple of those magnetic dust filters?

I plan to full out the amount of fans that can be fitted in the case(CoolerMaster 690 II Plus) i really want silent fans so is it worth buying expensive branded ones over cheap ones? If so, please tell me a good 120mm and 140mm and links too please

Please include links if there is any that you are referring to.
Thank you in advance. =)

More about : coolermaster 690

March 8, 2012 4:15:51 PM

Warm air rises. Bottom mount is intake, top mount is output. Get black kneehighs and put each fan in one before mounting. Mount tightly, trim excess. The quality of each component effects the total quality of your build.
a b ) Power supply
March 8, 2012 4:20:44 PM

Depending on your tower u can mount it on the two back fan sockets, make sure you have the push pull configuration pulling from outside the case and going in, its better to pull cooler air from outside the case then to push warm air from inside. I would suggest getting custom fans aswell something with high RPM to really get the most out of ur liquid cooling system. I have a corsair H70 and im using 2 120mm 2400rpm coolermaster fans on my push pull config and it keeps my Phenom 2x6 1100t at 4.0ghz at 28 degrees celcius idle.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 8, 2012 4:22:21 PM

The H100 would fit only at the top of the CM690 II and it will be tight:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-119-...

Once your power supply is in there, you're not really going to have room for a radiator at the bottom.

The fans will need to blow up out of the top of the case (outaking) to facilitate the natural heat flow (hot air rising).

With the exception of the front grill, there are fan filters on top and the bottom.
a b ) Power supply
March 8, 2012 4:24:16 PM

outtaking will ruin the effectivness of the push pull config but if you feel u must
March 8, 2012 4:36:07 PM

Push & Pull- so at one side of the radiator its getting air from outside then on other side its getting the air thats already being pushed by the fan from the other side?
Is that right?
Or is it One side is getting air from the case while the other side is getting air from outside?
a b ) Power supply
March 8, 2012 4:39:17 PM

I'm not so sure you have enough clearance to the RAM sockets if you use a push/pull config with the H100 in that case. It's designed more for a full-tower setup. An H80 in push/pull off the back might be your best bet with this case.
March 8, 2012 4:42:06 PM

Does it really need to be push/pull? cant i just have one side of the radiator with two fans that are outtaking?
a b ) Power supply
March 8, 2012 4:57:52 PM

The H100 only comes with 2 fans. Push/pull does offer a cooling advantage, but is not necessary. It made a difference of ~4C on my setup.
March 8, 2012 5:09:54 PM

Ok thank you for replies. But now to fans, if anyone is still reading this, please reply.

What fans shall i use if i was to configure the H100 with a push pull? Links too please

Thanks you :) 
!