XFX 650W XXX EDITION rma.

sammyboy2

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Well after a long and devious journey I finally managed to send the PSU away for examination and it was confirmed faulty, After righting them a letter, typing another letter and attaching this all to the PSU I was still not answered, The letters were to say I would not want a replacement just a refund and stated my rights but I can see XFXSHOP do not care about us at all.

Here is the email I got today.
"Hi,
The workshop have confirmed the fault with your item, we are currently in the process of organising a replacement, and will be in contact again soon.
Many Thanks
XFX-Shop Customer Services"

Then I Sent them

"I hope I will be receiving the shipping costs refunded or equally so, something in return for all the inconvenience caused, also I stated on the letter I wish to have a refund but since you have denied me that option which I am entitled to I wish to have a brand new PSU and not a repaired one."

Honestly guys, if you want to get XFX stuff, dont get it from these guys that pass as "customer service". The PSU i got broke within minutes which was in no way my fault, I contacted consumer rights and told them the story and they told me that I was correct and in the right.

Thumbs down for XFXSHOP.CO.UK.

Honestly, that's about as good as you'll get with most warranties. At least you're getting a functioning unit back. One time I had to return a motherboard to Intel and they absolutely broke their necks to try and blame it on me for "damaging" the board, despite their own tech support having already verified that it was defective.

In theory, I have no problem with XFX power supplies, since if you go by the list on this very informative article, they're all made by Seasonic (which I was somewhat surprised to find out).

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913.html

In practice, I've probably heard more anecdotal stories about problems with XFX branded PSUs than, say, Antec or Corsair, so yeah, I'd take the latter if the price was the same. If there was enough of a difference to make it worth my while, I'd probably be somewhat confident with XFX overall though.