Case fan and power supply

jimmyt58

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Hi every one

I have a couple question about case fan and power supply

the case fan power connection will connect to the power supply or on board power fan which way is better?

Power Supply OCZ 850W mounting in cooler master haf
I got a little confuse about power supply fan face up or face down?

Face Down at the bottom of the case for suck the cool air from out side to in side of the power supply to keep the power supply cooler. Is that right.

Face up at the bottom of the case for sucking the hot air in side of the case out ? is that correct.

which way is better.

thanks

Solution
The power supply's job is not to cool your case.

The PSU's intake fan should be taking cooler air from outside of the case to cool itself and then exhausting it out the back. That is the reason why the case designer/manufacturer has put the vent on the bottom of the case underneath the PSU for that express purpose.
The power supply's job is not to cool your case.

The PSU's intake fan should be taking cooler air from outside of the case to cool itself and then exhausting it out the back. That is the reason why the case designer/manufacturer has put the vent on the bottom of the case underneath the PSU for that express purpose.

Solution

jimmyt58

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Thank you every one

I think the case fan connect to mainboard it will be control by motherboard tempeture if system got to hot the fan RPM will speed up is that right?
if you connect it to power supply, the fan will run full speed all time.
how can we control the fan at the speed we want it to run?