Sign in with
Your question

Problem Using DP45SG+CorsairXMS3+Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHZ

Last response: in Memory
January 13, 2013 2:28:29 AM

Okay, i tried to built a gaming PC , MOBO Intel DP45SG (Serie Extreme), (8GB RAM x2 (4GB each tablet) Tablets/ Corsair XMS3 1333MHZ,
Video Card (Gforce EVGA GTX550 TI 2048MB) and processor to make my computer work ("Dual Core E5500 2.80GHz"
and also have a Master Cooler V8 (Last edition)///Power supply 800 watts (Corsair)

Here's the problem, i bought a processor core 2 duo E6850 Dual-Core 3.0GHZ 4M L2 Cache 1333MHZ FSB LGA 775,
when i put the processor into the 775 slot and try to start up the sistem, you can hear 3 beeps,(And all you can see is a black screen) Ive been
investigating my build because i knew that all the 775 processor doesn't have compatibility with this MOBO , so Could anyone help me with that?, (I cant make my computer work with the Core 2 Duo Processor) anyone know the reazon?!
(Sorry if my english is not good at all)
i Will apreciate all the help!

As you see in the following link my Mobo+Processor have compatibility.
http://processormatch.intel.com/COMPDB/SearchResult.asp...
January 13, 2013 2:43:07 AM

i read that if you hear 3 beeps from MOBO is because the RAM is not working right, but why is working right now with the dual core processor?....
m
l
January 14, 2013 12:14:43 AM

If your processor doesn't have compatibility, then it won't work at all...
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 5:22:11 PM

Troy_20 said:
Intel DP45SG (Serie Extreme), (8GB RAM x2 (4GB each tablet)

3 beep is problem of the ram.
U cant use 4gb modules on your motherboard. your model of motherboard only allows ddr3 to 2gb max per slot! (4x2gb) total 8gb max.

BUt take care because other problem is:
that board only supports two-sided rams (chips on both sides) the tendency is to reduce the number of chips and the current Rams are one-sided.

sorry, my english is bad. I have your some motherboard and I went crazy looking for the right ram, and can not find them and I chose to change my motherboard. Is old... :( 
m
l
!